The Me I Claim to Be

The Me I Claim to Be

A Poem by Lola Junebug

To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I’d tell you that I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet. The truth of me is different. The truth of me is that inside my head is one of the darkest places you can be.


To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I’d tell you that my go-to song is Under Pressure by Queen. Were I to confide in you about who I really am, I would tell you that it is actually Cry by Kelly Clarkson.


To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I’d tell the haters to walk away because my hair is not “unkempt”, it’s wild and free like George of the Jungle �" because I am that confident. The truth of me is that I really just compared myself to a caveman.


To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I’d say that I want to try and leave this little room inside my head, and live life to the fullest. My problems aren’t the only things out there. To tell you the truth about me, I won’t try because I fear my problems will lock the door.


To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I would tell you that I am far too much for any mere mortal to handle. The truth is, I am also never enough.


To tell you about the me that I claim to be, I’d say that life can seem like a bad dream, but at least I know everyone else is having the same one �" we can get through it together. The truth is that I am lying to myself. My nightmares are lonely, and that is why I am scared.

© 2019 Lola Junebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019

Author

Lola Junebug
Lola Junebug

About
I've been writing for several years now, just for fun. I took a creative writing course in college, and my teacher told me at the end of the semester that he loved my work and that I should consider s.. more..

Writing
Lola Lola

A Story by Lola Junebug