Lola

Lola

A Story by Lola Junebug
"

Lola is the reason I write. This is the first thing I ever wrote (creatively-speaking), and the reason I like to write.

"

Everybody knows Lola, but some are more comfortable accepting her than others. Some deny her existence, and push her away �" but she is patient and will wait until they are ready to welcome her into their lives. Lola loves and trusts boldly and fiercely. She is confident without arrogance, intelligent without superiority. She is beautiful without a definition. She is perfection in an imperfect vessel.

She’s not ashamed of who she is. Many have called her beautiful. She has heard it used to describe her so many times, but she refuses to call it an attribute of herself and instead refers to it as an opinion that holds little worth because she loves who she is, regardless of what she sees when she looks in the mirror. If you tell her of her beauty, she will smile and return the compliment about something uniquely beautiful about you, as if she can see through to your soul. She rarely comments on physical appearance because she doesn’t understand how one can use something as simple as a word to describe something as complex as a human being. Instead of telling you that you have a beautiful face, she will say that your smile warms her heart. Lola does not fear rejection because she doesn’t allow it to hurt her �" she knows her own worth. If you have rejected her, she knows it is because you simply aren’t ready for her �" and that’s okay, Lola will wait.  

Lola will always be there for you. In those scary moments when you’re not able to do it on your own, or you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, she will be your strength, motivation, and perseverance. She will grab you by the hand, and guide you through your darkest moments �" even when you have given up on yourself, she will never let go. Once you let her into your heart she will never leave you. Without her you may have been able to crawl out of the dark hole where you lurk, but if you let her help you will burst out like a shooting star with a smile that lights up the blackest nights. The demons you fear do not dare face Lola, for she will keep you safe and drive them out of your heart. She will fight off all of your deepest fears so that you can walk tall and proud. She will stay with you for as long as you need her. Even when the world is cloudy, and you feel yourself losing Lola in the haze, know that she is still there and has not lost sight of you. She is always there, waiting for you to find her and reclaim your place by her side.

Lola is the fiercest parts of ourselves that often lie dormant deep inside of us. She is our self-confidence, our motivation, our happiness, our understanding, our worth, and our strength. I long for the day when I can let my Lola out, when I can embrace that part of me and let it thrive. I imagine sticking my hand out and letting her pull me through this fog. I may not be quite ready for that day, but when the time comes the world had better steel itself for what is promising to be a bright, passionate, and powerful debut.

© 2020 Lola Junebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on April 23, 2020
Last Updated on April 23, 2020

Author

Lola Junebug
Lola Junebug

About
I've been writing for several years now, just for fun. I took a creative writing course in college, and my teacher told me at the end of the semester that he loved my work and that I should consider s.. more..

Writing
Blue Blue

A Poem by Lola Junebug