Coco

Coco

A Story by Lola Junebug
"

A revenge story - girl vs. dog.

"

Coco

I took a deep breath and tried to steady my hands for the task ahead, precision was key. They weren't trembling because I was nervous, they were trembling with anticipation. I looked down at my aunt and uncle's dog, Coco. A pure-bred ankle biter with long, silky white hair that was perfectly groomed and quaffed at an expense that cost more than my entire wardrobe. She stared at me with a resigned indignation in her eyes - she knew what was coming, and she knew there was nothing she could do about it. I had tricked her with treats and tied her up outside - a place otherwise foreign to her (she had synthetic grass inside that she used for the bathroom). Now she stood quietly, no longer struggling, preparing herself for what was to come.

I can't say that I felt bad for Coco, because she had done this to herself. Since the day I arrived at my aunt and uncle's house when my mother sent me out here to go to school so that I could save some money, I had known she and I were going to fight. The moment I walked into the house, I saw that she was ranked second only to God. Walls that should have been plastered with family photos or soccer events were instead covered in blue ribbons and certificates. They said things like "Best in Show", "Best in Breed", and various other titles that really only spoke one thing to me. This dog was the Queen. Coco acted like it, too. She attacked my ankles whenever I wandered too close to her, woke me up in the mornings by sitting on my chest and barking, and frequently soiled my bed. I wasn't allowed to lock her out of my room at any time because my uncle did not want her to feel like she was being ignored. He was afraid it would affect her self-confidence, and subsequently her performance at shows. I hated her with all of my heart.

For the four years that I had been here, attaining a degree, I had planned and calculated. It was the only thing that got me through the grueling times I spent catering to and serving something that occasionally ate its own poo. I had graduated a couple of weeks ago and was planning on moving back home, so I purchased a bus ticket to the airport to leave in a couple of hours. My uncle and aunt were not due back from their church retreat until this evening. Normally the dog was boarded at a "Canine Resort" (not a kennel), but I insisted on caring for her myself since I would be leaving soon, and I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible - it took all my willpower not to gag when I told them my reasoning. They were apprehensive at first because I had never been left alone with Coco, and she had a big show coming up in a few days, but they were totally understanding as to why I would want to try and squeak in every possible second with their precious baby before I left - so they allowed me to care for her. Everything was in place.

I took another deep breath and picked up my uncles shaving shears. Coco let out another half-hearted growl, but she couldn't do much with the brand new muzzle I had purchased keeping her snout closed, and her nails didn't have much of an effect when she was wearing designer booties. The task took longer than expected, and I became pressed for time. Once I switched the clippers off I took a step back to admire my work, and then released her. She walked back inside the house with her tail drooping and her head down. I felt a twang of guilt that was quickly erased when I realized she was heading for my room. Nothing to do about it now, I was leaving anyway. I gathered up her beautiful white hair and the color dye off the floor, and spread it in the foyer of the house, in front of the door. I then grabbed my stuff and rushed to the bus stop. Right before I left the house for good, I glanced back at Coco Chanel and grinned at the orange tufts of fur on her otherwise bald body that spelled "QUEEN".

© 2019 Lola Junebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's a hilarious story.

Personally, I would rework this with the intent of streamlining sentences, since some of them seem to lack focus and could use some more punctuation for clarification. Otherwise, you definitely have a good mind for word use, and the idea is just awesome.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's a hilarious story.

Personally, I would rework this with the intent of streamlining sentences, since some of them seem to lack focus and could use some more punctuation for clarification. Otherwise, you definitely have a good mind for word use, and the idea is just awesome.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hate to admit it, but I love the story. I couldn't look away even though I knew what was coming. The only thing you missed was to use her bed as a toilet. Maybe you could visit them for the holidays.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019
Tags: dog, funny, revenge

Author

Lola Junebug
Lola Junebug

About
I've been writing for several years now, just for fun. I took a creative writing course in college, and my teacher told me at the end of the semester that he loved my work and that I should consider s.. more..

Writing
Lola Lola

A Story by Lola Junebug