Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Autumn Reign

The no-name shaving cream traveled leisurely down his neck as his unforgiving eyes reflected back into mine with the assistance of the misshapen three way mirror. At that particular moment, I knew that everything was not going to be okay. The wooden floor creaked its usual annoying melody as my feet gradually lead me out through the bathroom door. There was something different about that morning. For once in my life, I had been unable to speak my mind and for once in his life, he didn't want me to. As my tongue attempted to adjust to the temperature of my regular 8AM coffee, the sound of my husbands footsteps echoed in my ears and as they became closer and more evident, my mind could no longer think straight. I was stuck. Like any other normal human being I have been "stuck" before, but not like this. This was the kind of stuck that every teenage girl promises herself she will never get caught in. This was the kind of stuck that your parents warn you about from day one. This was the kind of stuck that I had to deal with on my own. What exactly does it even mean to be on your own anyway? Physically, yeah I was alone. However with every step that I took, there was no escaping that guilty conscience lingering upon my shoulder.

My eyes observed his tail end as it reached the base of the wooden chair, examining every motion his body made praying that there would be some feeling of comfort or reassurance. In spite of my prayers, as my eyes caught glimpse of his, the pain that my actions had really caused was undeniable. To my surprise, as the few words that he decided to speak leaked out of his mouth, there was a feeling of warmth that consumed the air. Whether or not it was just the blood racing to my cheeks due to my nervousness, I will never know. However, I like to believe that for that one or possibly two seconds, all of our differences faded away and all that was left was the love which we had once had for each other.



© 2008 Autumn Reign


Author's Note

Autumn Reign
Feedback Please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on November 22, 2008


Author

Autumn Reign
Autumn Reign

Canada



About
I haven't done anything on here in a very long time... I want to change that :) more..

Writing