Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Autumn Reign

-----

It was a gorgeous spring day when I first laid eyes on Owen. I swear I could hear his laugh from a mile away and even though in my opinion he sounded goofy, there was an undeniable attraction from the start. His husky, which I later learned was named Glacier, flew across the park and dropped a branch, covered in saliva, on the tip of my toes. To be completely honest, I wasn't exactly thrilled due to the fact that I had just bought those shoes about a week prior. But just as the words my lips were muttering to the puppy were about to become more powerful, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my life. The hair on his head could not have been any more beautiful that day. The slight breeze was blowing the silky dirty blonde strands in the wind and I imagined, only for a moment, that my hands were brushing back his hair through my fingers as he gently grazed the side of my face. He didn't know it yet, but he was the one for me, and I was more than perfect for him.

As this amazingly flawless guy standing before me apologized for his pup, my eyes were unable to escape the trap that his had captured me in. Apparently he noticed, and apparently he didn't mind because he asked me to "pop a squat" beside him on the park bench. Still lost in his baby blues, I followed. "Nice shoes." he managed to blurt out, obviously not as confident as he had seemed to be earlier, "I'm Owen." Completely caught off guard, the words just flew out of my mouth before I had any time to think.

I answered, completely horrified with my response, "I really like dogs." My eyes immediately shut themselves as tightly as possible as my humiliated self prayed to be somewhere else, anywhere else but there. Then suddenly, like music to my ears, he laughed. Boy did I love that laugh.

From that day on, we only became closer. What started out as friendly afternoon dates to the ice cream shop on the corner of Clair, evolved into candle lit dinners and endless nights simply lying together on the couch. There was no need for anything more than that, because we had each other and when my body was in his arms, I felt at home. Before Owen, there was no love present in my life, simply for the fact that I was too afraid to open my heart to anyone. However, the day I received my first love note, my life was changed forever. For the first time, I was in love.

My weary eyes woke to a folded piece of lined Hilroy paper lying, folded perfectly beside my head. Still in a daze, my hands carefully unfolded what had been placed before me and I could feel my fingertips trembling as the words, delicately hand written, leaped off of the paper. Upon my third or fourth attempt at understanding the written words, I had come to the realization that he had fallen for me. Like a ton of bricks, he had fallen. And that fall had hit him so hard that it appeared as if I would actually have to go out of my way to try and change his mind. However that was not the case because as unusual as it was for me, my heart pounded through my body every time I heard his voice and one touch of his hand was enough to send shivers down my spine.                                                                                        It started with a letter.

-----



© 2008 Autumn Reign


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 22, 2008


Author

Autumn Reign
Autumn Reign

Canada



About
I haven't done anything on here in a very long time... I want to change that :) more..

Writing