chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by @juliza

Chapter 2 Lux

Year, 4004


My bare feet found the hard surface of the stone cave I lived in. I watched as my ash flew in from the eastern sky. It flowed towards me hovering were my legs should have been. They slowly appeared, and the ash dissolved into my pant legs. Soon enough my body appeared as well. I smiled to myself. 6 years and I had still hadn't gotten tired of that feeling. The feeling of total control.

“Today went perfectly.” I muttered to no one in particular. I had been teleporting by catching on fire and sending my ashes wherever I wanted in the blink of an eye since I was eleven, when Sapiens found me. And they had all stared at me like I was the devil or there Masia. Yes perfectly. Except for the the boy. He had to be at the most 19. One look into his eyes and I knew he could go either way. I could feel his hidden power emanating off him like a drug. Drawing me in. There was something so familiar… yet so foreign about it. One look into his eyes and I knew I would hate him… but I would need him. For what I wasn’t sure. I sat down at the rough, handmade, wooden desk in the far corner of the cave I inhabited. At the desk was an open book that appeared to be older than the mountains themselves. It was titled Past, Present and Future.

Three months ago I had stolen it from the secret library. Sapiens told me about it before he was murdered.

When a cruel and evil King

Comes to power with his sins

Two children of opposite birth

Both holders of great power

Both from broken pasts

Come together to Crack the Kings rule

over his land made of glass

I had read the prophecy so many times it was permanently engraved into the corners of my brain never to be wiped away. I realized I had to make my move, now. Those poor slaves. The King deserves what I was going to give him. Whether I went down with him or not. Sapiens had trained me for years. After all I was half of the prophecy and I didn’t have time to wait for the other. I would move on the castle tomorrow.




© 2015 @juliza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015


Author

@juliza
@juliza

Portland , ME



About
Just two best friends breaking into writing. We spend most of our time writing and LOVE it! Our main interests are diving, color guard, swimming, running, and of course, writing. We would love your in.. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by @juliza