chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by @juliza

Chapter 4 Lux

Year 4004

I felt the usual tingle slide from my feet up to my hair a few seconds after the flames erupted around me. I pictured the bottom of the mountain where I could gather berries for the journey to the castle. In a few seconds I stood at the bottom of the mountain watching the remainder of my ash forme my hand. To be sure I was safe I knelt next to one of the ancient, mossy trees and touched the thick roots sticking up from the ground. The cool, soft surfaces under my hand triggered my other power. A shock of hidden energy ran through me and I saw everything. I saw the berry bushes at the edge of the valley. I saw the grazing deer by the river. I saw the flock of birds launching themselves from the trees into the bright shining sky. And then… I shot up pulling an arrow from the quiver strung to my back, and laced it in my bow. I pointed it at the bush and said,

“Stand up or I’ll shoot.” After a few seconds The same tall boy, with short unkempt blond hair emerged. I slackened my hold on the bow and stared. ”You? How did you escape?” He stumbled back with the face of a man who had been forced out of his body to watch his own death. Before I could think, I ran forward and grabbed his arm, the flames that had already engulfed me rapping their fingers around him as well. He screamed and a bolt of fear shot through me. What if this didn’t work. What if he ended up on a cloud to spill back to earth. What if the flames killed him? What if nothing happened and I only I jumped, leaving him to run. I had never jumped with anyone but myself before. Soon, we were both ash, flying, soaring up to the cave.

“It worked!” I stared down at my fully intact body, then I looked at him and saw that it really had. I could jump two people. Maybe even three.

“Please don’t kill me.” He stumbled back looking around the cave but never turning his back.

“Relax, I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to…” He cut me off looking more frazzled than I could have ever imagined.

“Thats what they always say! Before they crack your skull open. All you sorcerers are the same.” I took a step towards him and he threw up his hands up like a force field practically running to the back corner. Eager to get as far from me as he could.

“No I just want to talk to you. I promise I just want to ask you something.”

“Bullshit. Everything you say is a lie.” He spat the words out like they were month old milk. “Where did you take me? Your death chamber?” I had always thought Solito tongue was a strange language. Looking away from him I shook my head slightly. I have had enough of these inherent idiots.

“Great, another brainwashed servant of the king. You want to see where we are? Take a look yourself.” I waved my hand out towards the rift of the cave. He took one, then four cautious steps to the edge. His eyes grew so wide I thought they would fall out. His mouth opened slightly. I knew why, it was the same reaction I had had when Sapiens first brought me here. We stood almost at the top of the of the largest mountain in Moriens Patriae. This one mountain sheltered a safe haven filled with trees older than time. Rivers more pure than the gods. And animals rarer than shooting stars.

“What.” He whispered. “What did you want to ask me?” I smiled and gestured for him to come further back into the cave.

“You look famished, lets get you some food.”



© 2015 @juliza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 23, 2015
Last Updated on April 23, 2015


Author

@juliza
@juliza

Portland , ME



About
Just two best friends breaking into writing. We spend most of our time writing and LOVE it! Our main interests are diving, color guard, swimming, running, and of course, writing. We would love your in.. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by @juliza