Words as Weapons

Words as Weapons

A Poem by justjenn_2u

Let's not hold back when we want to be an a*s

Let's not hide behind our hypocritical mask

 

How infantile are we, when we paint another's picture

An artist using a God-given talent to manipulate ones stature

 

Words are influential, and are used for your mass destruction

Words penned on paper resulting in reader's negative assumption

 

Defending myself puts me at your ever descending level

For as you paint your picture, I slowly become the devil

 

Here I sit and wonder as I let your last punch taunt my inner being

Keep packing your punch as scars inside will be forever accumulating

 

© 2008 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is passionate and very smooth, the transitions are perfect,
the expressive meaning is insightful and really draws the reader to ponder.
the insightful nature leaves the heart with a feeling of added knowledge,
in way of searching one's own understanding of the power of words,
Awsome poem, I senicerely enjoyed the scope of depth and truth. Great job.


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a wonderful poem, a definite pleasure to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome job on this one the rhyme is tight and the flow was really good.... imagery in this was breath taking... overall very impressive piece you have here:) !!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, Jenn, I was waiting for the "words as-- weapons of mass destruction" I thought this said a lot of restraint and control. Your words have a way of captivating the audience and hold on to a splendid form. I wondered what might have brought this on but as always reading your work give me sense of pride for your conviction with words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lets not hide.

I like the opening because that is what so many people do when they go and couch their feelings; be it words or paint in a passive aggressive attack. Its one thing to use metaphors and similies. To produce an entire work that likens one situation to another.
But to distort; slander; twist; and bastardize someone.
Well lets not hide. Don't stand there smiling at me while you have a blade behind your back. Put it out there for everyone to see.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'Sticks and stones will break my bones � but words'; and that's where this old saying goes adrift, because, unlike the conclusion to this adage � 'will never hurt me!' � words can cause more damage then physical injury.

Your composition is an excellent profile of how wounding, in the wrong context, words can become.

Great share (rant)!

Blessings
Phill (ozofee)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ouch, honey, ouch. Just recently I learned that a boy I admired in school drew a picture of me with a mop handle sticking out of my head and called me MOPHEAD. I'm glad I found out 20 years later rather than back then... when our skin is still thin and words and actions cut like a knife. I have learned that what people say of others only serves to show how ugly they are... rather than the ones they are trying to paint as such.
Shall I quote Doctor Suess? "Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter"... in this case I'd say... if it doesn't apply, let it fly... and find yourself a better crowd.
Obviously, your soul shines brighter than theirs... as this poem wonderfully reflects. Chin up... and never mind the lowly underlings trying to undermine your confidence, your spirit, your self.
Love you~~

Of course...... if it's pure fiction... it's also pure genius! ; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a great writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the progressions and the brazen-faced aura that this poem emits...
Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
Hate, thru the none acceptance of fact, settling for what I ask, disagreement true to resentment, showering way any thing clean, I like your work.

Jan/Uisiom




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I definately like the rhyming couplet format you used for this poem. It's simple, but it looks as though it gave you the ability to say exactly what you needed to say. Good stuff.

I agree with everything you wrote here. Some folks just like to make others look bad in order to make themselves look better. We see it every day now, especially with the elections coming up next month. Politicians love to point fingers and talk badly about each other. It's fun for them. I'm sure they name-call and argue over sandwiches at lunch every day. Who knows... Anyway, your message here is very clear.

I only have a few suggestions.
1. The title: I think it could be changed if the poem stays as it is. The central image in your poem winds up being the narrator's image painted as the devil. The person talking badly about the narrator, at least in context of the poem, is using paint to do so as opposed to words. So I think that, as it is, the title should have more to do with paint/brushes/canvas, etc...

2. Going with my first suggestion: In your poem, the narrator talks about both words AND paint being used to make him/her look bad. I'd definately suggest picking just one, either words or paint, and using it in the poem.

3. Try writing a whole seperate poem: Dovetailing off my second suggestion... Keep your current title only as an idea and really run wild it. Actually use words as weapons. Slap someone you find particularly obnoxious upside the head with the word "moron." Shoot that cheating b*****d in the a*s with the word "faithful." You get the idea. It's just a thought and I think you could have lots of fun with it.

I have to get going to work, but let me know if any of this helps. Have a good one, and definately keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

610 Views
30 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 1, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2008

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing