Remember

Remember

A Poem by justjenn_2u
"

Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror

"
“Remember” she reminds herself

Wrap your arms tight around yourself

Wipe the cold tear where you once lay

Release your inner child so she can play


“Remember” says the innocent laugh

Laugh at your hurt only on my behalf

Rebuild block houses you once tore down

Rebaptize in water in your christening gown


Remember your intimate, little rubber room

You were a butterfly stifled, waiting to bloom

You were bruised but your spirit never slain

Oh, little girl, you knew you weren’t insane


Remember me as you glance in the mirror

You’re reborn and there’s no room for error

Meet me under our rainbow as our spirits join again

Come on, it’s time for us to dance and live, my Jenn

© 2009 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writing is always good, and this is no exception. I love this piece, it's a therapuetic type of write. We, as little children, are humble and meek and innocent. what happened to those days? i know sometimes I go; man, i remember when i made frends with anyone, i didn't worry, judge, get parnoid, i was just me, and had fun with life. sometimes we have to embrace ourselves with that young spirit, and be, well, young again.

thank you for writing this. it brought a part of my spirit to see the light, i enjoyed it

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just so you know my brain hurts (in a goodway) thanks for making me use it...Keep writing wonderful poetry and I'll keep using it ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Jenn, your poem speaks volumes to me, as i am trying to live the message of your poem. Sadly, it is one of the hardest spiritual journeys, a person can undertake. Remembering the past is just past and we can move beyond it, into the present and the future. Wishing you well, in that journey. Thanks for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautifully done. Something about it told me it was about you before I even read your name.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. I saw the Spirit of God speaking gently into your spirit and reminding you of a time when things were not so difficult as they seem to be now. And at the same time reminding you that things can be that way again if you just walk with Him..

This is a wonderful write. Inspired by God.

God bless Jenn!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
A child's heart seeking its mind in a land that has passed it by, grabbing at memories stored in flashes of images once held.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amazing, appealing, very personal, thank you for sharing!
i love the concept of innocence! the fact (to me) is that we all have ourselves in many stages of our lives locked up in side us!
why cant we just feel it and let ourselves go... let it out... have faith in our selves, the sides of us we never experienced!

take care
keep it up!
*hugs*

Posted 15 Years Ago


absolutely stunning, heartfelt. soft, and beautifully sentimental, I loved it, particularly the analogies that create the spiritual promising of a brighter future, keep up the brilliant work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This captures perfectly that moment I sometimes have in the morning when you're almost surprised at seeing your own face, as if your inner child never aged and never gained the confidence one has as an adult. You get that moment of literal and metaphoric self-reflection perfectly. Good stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Remember" holds the poem together without sounding repetitive. I also like the good use of rhyme.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1037 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2009

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet