Three

Three

A Chapter by kalesalad

“One large latte with no sugar “
“Thanks Jace”I said as I took the hot coffee on my hands.
The heat emanated through the paper making my hands warm.
I love the smell of coffee. It relaxes me.
“Here, wipe your face a bit.”She hand me a paper napkin”Your eyeliner is running.”
I laughed.
“Hey jee thanks Jace.”
She looked at me with caution.
“So this Cole guy.” She said
I slowly sipped my coffee looking outside.
“Cole.”was all I said almost whispering
“Where is he?”
“I don't know.”There was a dog running in circles at the pavement outside.
“Do you want to talk about it?”
“No. I really don't,it hurts,it doesn't go away and it's been so long.”
I drunk some more.
Jace didn't say anything else.

I haven't told her the whole story. I don't want to, he is a chapter in my old life before I moved here. It's mine and only for me. The pain is not as it was and am starting to forget as time passes by.
Only one thing is certain, I wont ever see Cole again.

“ Went into the wrong class today.” I said turning to look at her.
I didn't know her all that long but she was my one and only friend here and I appreciated her a lot. We've bonded a lot.
“And?”
“I went in and pretty much cussed the teacher-”
“You did what?”She was in shock
“No,no he wasn't my teacher,he was teaching math or something.Really handsome I might add.”
“You shouldn't do that El.”She scowled at me “How cute are talking about?”
“Like a seven and a half. Kinda sexy.”
I returned to drinking my coffee and looking out of the window.
“Hey are you coming tonight?”
“To your get together party thing?”
“Yeah Oli will have his friends over and some girlfriends might come. You know human interaction?”
“uhm I don't know I don't want to interrupt.”
“ohh please Eleanor don't be so shy,you'll love it.It will be good for you”
“But i-”It would be good for me.
“No ! Stop , don't say another word. There will be guys there.” She said winking.
“So?”
“Oh come one ,it will help you get over this Cole guy.”Hearing his name made my heart skip a little.
“By getting under your boyfriends friends?”
“Something like that.” she laughed
“I tried it and it doesn't work trust me.”I said looking at the window
She opened her mouth
“Not with your boyfriends friends.”
“Oh thank god.” She laughed again.

I walked to Jace's house holding her keys in my hand. She had a small bell on a key chain and I moved it around getting distracted by the sound. The sky had turned a sad blue.
So much for sunshine today
As I opened the door to her flat I was greeting by a very flowery smell. It smelled like Jace and Oli.
I turned on the radio and removed my shoes. The wood was cold under my feet. I had about 3 hours to make some nice platters of veggies,chips and salad, classic get together food.

I should come today,It will be nice to meet new people and get out of my house for a change.

As a child I was shy and not very easy to talk to. I wasn't mean but I found myself always saying the wrong things which ended in people looking at me weird. Back home I had a couple of friends. Sometimes I thought about them and I knew they missed me as much I missed them. They tried to contact me but as they say my friends were collateral damage when the whole thing with Cole erupted. I knew that I wasn't fair curting all my ties with them but I couldn't go back, everything reminded me of Cole and I wanted to forget. I wanted to leave this things behind and move on. To close everything in a small box and throw it in the bottom of my mind and heart.

After I was done with cleaning the mess in the kitchen I turned off the radio and followed the directions Jace has given me which were not to go and hide in my apartment and wait for her to come back and have a blast.
I sat on the fluffy sofa and closed my eyes for a bit , the tv playing in the background.

“Who watches this rubbish?”
A judgmental raspy voice said close to me. I tingled for reasons unknown.
I opened my eyes slowly looking at the figure standing behind the sofa. My eyes met with Jaces and Oli was smiling next to her.
He is always so smiley.
“Eleanor,hi! How are you?”He said turning off the tv by the remote next to my feet.
I coughed clearing my sleepy voice. I stood up straight smiling back at him.
“Very well Oli. How was work?”I still didn't know what he did for a living and by now I was too shy to ask.
“As always boring. How was school?Today was your first day right?”
As I open my mouth a third voice echoed from the kitchen. The raspy voice that woke me up.
“I can tell you all about that."

I shivered and turned my head towards the kitchen island where he stood leaning on the counter. His blueish eyes were looking at me sparkling with mischief. His hands looked very firm under his rolled up shirt.
“You have class with Nate?”Jace asked me questions forming in her eyes.
“Uhm no...I...” Well I couldn't say more than that.
What was he doing here?Why Jace and Oli knew him.
Why he is so hot!Stop looking at me!

“Well El here.”He said pointing at me with a tilt of his head“Cursed at me in front of my second year.”
I blushed and I opened my mouth to speak. Oli burst into an earth shuttering laugh and Jace turned with eyes burning scolding at him.
“I said I was sorry and you mister said some rude things to say the least.”I said pointing at him with my index finger.
“Don't do that El, is not polite.”He said with angry eyes looking at me whilst a smile formed.
“stop saying El like that.”
“Like what?”
“Like you are mocking me.”
“Hey guys stop.” Oli said still laughing and turned towards Jace who speechless looked from Nathan to me.”I'll take my dear here and we will go get dressed. Play nice”He said putting a hand on Jace's back pushing her slowly towards the bedroom.

I sat down on the sofa turning my back on him looking at the black screen. Why was I so flushed.Stupid Nathan guy.

He came and sat next to me reaching to take the remote.
“Tonight it's going to be interesting.”He said looking at the tv as it flash open.

I wouldn't agree more...


© 2015 kalesalad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on September 20, 2015
Last Updated on September 20, 2015


Author

kalesalad
kalesalad

About
I enjoy writing not good at it. I enjoy coffee and cloudy weather. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by kalesalad


Two Two

A Chapter by kalesalad