06 Interrupted

06 Interrupted

A Chapter by Clara Kevie

          Next day at school: 20 more minutes, 19 and a half, quarter, 15, 10, 9, 8, 4, 3, 2! 1! That last minute took forever, an absolute eternity. 45 seconds until break. 40 seconds until I can tell Kate and Tee about what may or not be going on with Edgar. 30 little seconds until I can ask them about the party. 25 seconds, and I am allotted a 10 minute probation period where I can, where I can, where I can not be here right now! 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Yes! Okay, run and put my stuff away. Why on earth didn't I put it away when I was in the classroom? Neat freak that I am, I need everything to be perfect before I leave. I didn't have breakfast today, so I'm kinda hungry. Should I get my snack? No, yes... no; I've got to talk to them... where... oh, over there. Okay, and what feels like 5 minutes later, I'm heading outside. As I walk over to them, I see they both have paper in their hands. Whatever it is can wait. I break into their half conversation with “Hey, guys!” and Kate and Tee... they... do you know them? Okay, really quick: Kate has a twin, Peirce, but they couldn't be more opposite. She's nice, and friendly and she's the type of person who can tell what's on your mind and help you through it... Tee's the type of really caring, sensitive kinda funny dude that everyone likes, but no one really wants to say so because... some reason. Well, I'll always love and respect him as a great friend, even if he takes great bounds over boundaries sometimes. He has trouble reading in on social clues. He and Kate and Edgar and I are great friends and I'm getting off topic.

          Okay, so I say, “Hey, guys” and they both turn away from their papers and look at me and my empty hands to which I reply (because what else could they be thinking about other than me not having a snack?) “Yeah, I know, but I have something important to ask you.”

          “Mm-kay, shoot” said Tee, crossing his arms, like he's standing back waiting for something amazing to happen. I don't get excited very easily so they were probably put back by my intruding energy.

          And when I say, “It's about Edgar” Tee kinda stifles a laugh. I turn to Kate and say, “You said you noticed he's been acting weird, too!” She nods and Tee says,

          “Oh, your right; he made you pass out! That's a first!” I punch his upper arm, and Kate, getting that I'm serious, kicks him in the shin. He screams, “Oww!” and voice cracks and he says “Okay, okay, I'll be real” and them he completely changed his persona. “Yeah, he has. I didn't really wanna bring it up, but sense you've both seen it, I guess there's no harm in saying - ” BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (What the - ?) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (oh, right - fire alarm) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (So, then we -) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (file out, -) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (hands over ears) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (for obvious) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (reasons) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (and everyone stands there) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!! (until the alarm stops) BEEP! BEEP! RING!!!... RING... ring... so, now we're forced to stand here in silence, being counted over and over, and confirmed and *bleep-blop “Here” and *bleep-blop “Ms or Mr blahblah...?” and *bleep-blop … and *bleep-blop … “Here”, and so on until you're sure everyone's here. I'm about to lull myself to sleep with shivering when I catch myself from falling, and that makes me turn a way I haven't before. Is that smoke? Like a real fire? But it's just a drill. So, no... it's just a drill. I'm imagining things. I turn around, and the smoke's out of my line of sight, and it's totally okay. Then Kate from a few people behind me gives me a funny look, and thrusts her chin for me to turn around. I hesitate, but when she does it a second, third time, I don't want someone to yell at her because I was uncompliant. I turn around and the smoke's not there, duh. Then why'd she want me to turn around? I turn back to her and she's not where I thought I saw her last. The next time I turn around, I get a sort of woozy feeling in my head that's... a lot. And I see someone running. They look like they're being chased by a swarm of something; why isn't anyone else concerned? And... and... I jolt myself and wake up again. What the heck? Then I turn around to see if Kate's where I think I saw her last. She's there, a few people behind me. She gives me that funny look again; did she want me to see something, or- “Alright! Lets Get You Back To Class!” figures; shortens the break the one time I really need it.



© 2018 Clara Kevie


Author's Note

Clara Kevie
Comments? Critiques? Suggestions are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on August 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 23, 2018


Author

Clara Kevie
Clara Kevie

About
I'm a student with occasional desperate moments of figuring myself out. I write mostly casual whimsical fleeting thoughts. PM me; I take requests :) I'd appreciate if you left constructive fee.. more..

Writing