11 Oops Pain

11 Oops Pain

A Chapter by Clara Kevie

          Oh, okay, wow. Never mind about that. I don't know why I'm thinking so much about"never mind. I'm awake now. And hurting. I'm"WOW"my leg is painful. Very full of pain. Okay. Ouch. Where am I?

          I'm... I'm in Kate's house. In their extra bedroom. I'm laying down on their bed. It is extraordinarily quiet. I can hear my breathing very loudly. I can also hear my heart beat. It's getting faster. I think I'm nervous. I think I... I just... I was just; what was I just doing? I was... Edgar! I inhaled sharply. Edgar! Where is he?! Is he okay? Is he alive?! I was breathing very heavily and I could feel my hands shaking a lot. I heard something shift right outside the door. I held my breath and tried to control my shaking. Courtney came in. I turned my head to face her. She looked mad, but also like she was trying to be sympathetic. We made terrified eye contact. She looked like someone was holding her hostage. She walked carefully to my side. I could see her shaking, too. She kneeled beside me and I could see that her whole face was shaking. Her lip was trembling, her nose twitched, her eyes darted around like she was recently made blind. She bit her lip and I could see that she was trying to not cry. I just watched her. She slowly gave me a kiss on the cheek, then got my hand and held it close to her face.

          I heard someone rushing up the stairs. Dr. Netni came in, followed by Kate. Dr. Netni walked up to Courtney, smiled, and pat her on the shoulder. Courtney regained control of herself, stood up, hugged Dr. Netni, and walked out. Dr. Netni told me that Courtney was very concerned about me. Okay, great. She told me how I got there, but I wasn't really listening because I was incredibly bored. Kate stayed in the room, and I'm glad. She looked bored, and I'm glad about that, too, because that means that she wasn't worried. I think it's a bit stupid that Courtney was worried. I'm alive, aren't I? And if I wasn't... well, that's that. But I am alive, so there. Dr. Netni kept talking for longer that I thought she should have, but then she left, so now I could talk to Kate or leave or whatever.

          I sat up and looked at my shin. “Wow!” I said aloud, amazed by how many colors I had on my skin.

          “I know.” Kate replied with a half smile.

          “Is Edgar okay?” I asked.

          “Yeah...” She said, but she didn't look to sure. “I think so, I mean, he will be. He's a bit scratched up and... heh, his skin is colorful like your shin, but all over.” Oh, okay. I don't know what else to say. Good; he's alive!

          “Good! Okay... that's good, being alive and all”

          “That's thanks to you, you psycho. What were you even thinking? How did you know what to do? Did you know?”

          “No... no, I didn't know anything. I don't know what I did, honestly... I just... it was like my instincts took over. I don't know.” There was a moment of silence where we both wanted to ask each other about what we knew, but we each knew so little that we didn't know what to ask to get the intangible information we wanted.

          “Can you walk?” she asked. I have no idea.

          “I'd like to.”

          “Kay then, get up.”



© 2018 Clara Kevie


Author's Note

Clara Kevie
I'm still working on this, but I'm not quite sure where to go. Any suggestions? Critiques? Comments? Any feedback is very appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2018


Author

Clara Kevie
Clara Kevie

About
I'm a student with occasional desperate moments of figuring myself out. I write mostly casual whimsical fleeting thoughts. PM me; I take requests :) I'd appreciate if you left constructive fee.. more..

Writing