Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
"I Don;t Regret"

"I Don;t Regret"

A Poem by Kameron Armitage

Silk cannot compare to your gentle touch.

Although I may be in love with you, I feel as though I am chasing a lost cause.

I have thrown myself over this cliff and I forgot to pack a parachute.

I'm falling fast and friction is non-existent.

As I continue to speed, gravity pulls harder. 

As I may try to hike back up that mountain, I do so without a harness.

And the smallest of nudges have the strength to knock me off of that Cliffside.

And as I'm falling, I'm wondering why I was on the edge of that cliff in the first place.

Was I hoping that I would fly?

Or in the back of my mind, did I know that it was a decision that would surly send me plummeting to the sharp rocks at the bottom.

Whatever the decision, I do not regret it.

Because I would rather know that I could fly, than continue life, wondering.

© 2009 Kameron Armitage


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is (of course) fabulous. The only thing I'd suggest would be to write something a tad different than the usual. Don't get me wrong, you have a collection of topics. You just need to give your writing a certain.. twist. And trust me, I need to do the same. This peice is very.. lovely. I liked reading it. I could picture in my head the images of the cliff and of the ground as you plummet towards it. Fabulous!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

.....Of the poems of yours that I have read, this has meant the most to me so far. It has a great way of pulling the reader in, from the very first lines that reminisce about the touch of a love's touch, to the pessimistic thoughts of a rekindled flame. I think it reaches us readers on that level, because we DO think off cliffs and either feel ourselves being lifted back up or pulled to the ground. "And the smallest of nudges..." It expresses how fragile the person on the cliff is, how malleable we are to our lover's response or decisions. In the end, even if we find that we don not have those wings to fly, that we were just headed for a long fall...no we don't regret the act of stepping over. Personally I also liked the last line "I would rather know I could fly" very hopeful end to an almost pessimistic theme of cliffs and falling.
Very Very Nice
I do enjoy your work, please keep writing = )

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a beautifully written poem, that many could identify with.. Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you could probably use
less word to have a more powerfull meaning....
like a fortune cookie or sumthing..




Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is (of course) fabulous. The only thing I'd suggest would be to write something a tad different than the usual. Don't get me wrong, you have a collection of topics. You just need to give your writing a certain.. twist. And trust me, I need to do the same. This peice is very.. lovely. I liked reading it. I could picture in my head the images of the cliff and of the ground as you plummet towards it. Fabulous!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

128 Views
Rating
Added on February 16, 2009
Last Updated on February 16, 2009

Author

Kameron Armitage
Kameron Armitage

Gilbert, AZ



About
I am 16 years old and I've been writing for about three months now and love every second of it. I am a guy and proud to write. I've ran into some problems, but everyone does. I hope you enjoy! more..

Writing