A Letter To The Girl I Used To Be

A Letter To The Girl I Used To Be

A Story by Kassie Donaldson

Dear Younger Me,

You are beautiful. I know you probably don’t believe it, but if I could go back in time and tell you anything, this would be it. Beauty isn’t necessarily superficial (although you’re pretty, too). It’s something that comes from inside of you and it shouldn’t come from the mirror or what others have to say. They don’t know you as well as you do. Only you can find that beauty and show it to the world.

Don’t worry so dang much. I mean, know it’s hard, but life will be so much more enjoyable when you’re able to take a breath and let it all go. Nothing in this life is worth sacrificing your sane piece of mind. It’s going to take a lot of work, but when you finally get there, you’ll look back and feel like you’re on top of the world.

You have to be your own special priority. No one else is going to take care of you the way that you can. You have to make yourself number one. Everything else in life is extra. It’s not selfish, it’s taking care of you. Always, always remember to take care of you. You have to fill your own glass ; don’t rely on other people to do it for you.

Everything happens for a reason. There are some things in this life that suck. A lot. But like they say, when one door closes, another door opens. You can’t spend time dwelling on what could have been. Take the lessons as they come and learn from them. There is always something better on the horizon.

The boy you like, he’s really not that great. Don’t let some guy that will most likely end up hurting you be your priority. He’s not worth your time or your affections. There is plenty of time in life for guys. In the meantime, work on you. Make yourself ready for that perfect guy that will show up down the road. Don't dwell on young relationships.

It gets better. It will always get better. The past isn’t a good place to reside. Lay your demons down to rest so you can move on. The future has so much promise and brightness. However, don’t live in the future, either. Just live for right now, this moment. You’ll never get this moment back again. So live it the best you can. Do what scares you. Confront your problems head on. Don’t let people take advantage of you. You’re worth so, so much more than that.

Remember that everything will turn out the way it’s supposed to. Just focus on being happy. Just focus on you.

Love,
Me

© 2016 Kassie Donaldson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've always enjoyed the raw journey through the mind of the writer of letters to ones youger self.
they can be a theraputic release of a lot of pain and emotion.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
1 Review
Added on May 12, 2016
Last Updated on May 12, 2016