Lost Chapter 2

Lost Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Rose

           I thought everything was fine.. but I guess I thought wrong. My brother pulled me through the crowd desperately trying to reach our boat in time. We eventually got there. And all was swell until I was just about to get onto the boat when a young woman in her twenties pulls me into another boat. I screamed in horror. I tried to explain that I was already with my family but she could not hear me over the noise of the crowd. There was nothing I could possibly do to get out of the wreck I put myself in. 

          It was getting dark. Hours passed and all I could do is nothing but worry about my family. All 12 of the passengers on the boat were silent, including me. We had no food, nor water. Only life jackets. But that wasn't going to keep us alive until we reached land. The 2 small other children were playing around and watching the fish swimming under the boat, but I guess I couldn't blame them, they didn't know what was going on, unlike me. I actually wished I was small like them, it would save me from worrying so much.

         The woman in her twenties had brunette hair and a long narrow face. I was almost sure her name was Jennette, I heard people calling her name. I was so heart-broken watching her hugging her family, but I also so felt mad, since she tore me away from mine. It's not something that you can forgive and forget about. I gave her a fake smile and laid my head on a small bag, and drifted off to sleep.

       I'm pretty sure I got an hour of sleep, or maybe two, you can never really tell. But I woke up in shock, I fell off the boat somehow! I started to scream, hoping that one of the passengers could hear me. Then it occurred to me, I couldn't swim. I remembered that one time back at the beach in my hometown when I nearly drowned in the water.. when it was only up to my hip. Now I was in the middle of the ocean, I knew I didn't stand a chance. I tried my best to hang onto the boat, but I knew that eventually I'd get tired and fall. The horror of thinking you are going to die in a few minutes would give you a heart-attack. One of my hands got tired and slipped after a few seconds. I started to sink and my head was going under the water when suddenly I see a shadow, reaching out for me. It was a young boy. He didn't tell anyone what was going on, he just tried to pull me up. I shouted at him to stop, I'd rather die now than pull a little boy down with me.

        And then it occurred to me, there were floats on the boat! I shouted at the boy to grab a float. So he threw it down to me, but he still wanted to pull me up. There was no way he's let go of me. Eventually he shouted to his mother and she woke up. But it was too late. He fell. The water was completely freezing. He wouldn't be able to survive as long as I did. The woman screamed for her son. Her hand reached out, but we were too far away. "I'm scared" he said, and quivered as he spoke. I tried to respond but the words couldn't come out of my mouth. We both held onto the float and prayed that everything would be okay.

         


© 2015 Amy Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

God you know how to scare the readers. I didn't realize I was holding my breath.

another good chapter Amy. you rock, Girl!!! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ahhh! What happens next? It sounds like a great story so far

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015


Author

Amy Rose
Amy Rose

Ireland



About
Hello, my name is Amy and I am a 20 year old university student. This account has not been active with nearly 10 years, but I come back from time to time to read over my pieces as writing was a huge p.. more..

Writing
I need you I need you

A Story by Amy Rose


Dark Dark

A Poem by Amy Rose