Man of today

Man of today

A Story by Alya Usman
"

More like a runt, so please read it as an abstract!

"

His eyes like liquid Helium, darted onto HIS enemy.

The knife was lifted up…

By him.

His expression darkened. A more sinister look obscured his pallid face.

He was a perfect specimen of evil. He was what people referred to as a ‘murderer’.

The word ‘murderer’ derived from him.

Countless murders, he  had done. Countless lives he took away.

His expression tightened. A threatening look draped his monochrome face.

He smiled with wide-open eyes. He was what people called a ‘psycho’.

The word ‘psycho’ derived from him.

Innumerable murders, he had done. Innumerable lives he took away.

His expression loosened. He held up the knife in his hand.

He did not hesitate. He was what people called ‘merciless'.

The word ‘merciless’ derived from him.

Limitless murders, he had done. Limitless lives he took away.

He dug the knife into his enemy’s body…

The enemy was murdered. His life taken away…

By him.

And, thus, he was what people called ‘human’

© 2011 Alya Usman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I didn't quite expect the ending to be that way. I was expecting a different adjective but as it is, well, I was surprised. Nice read.For a story I think it's short but you've made the point there and that's what matters. I like the way you developed the story from start to end and the repetition of phrases with slight changes. Good Job.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this! Finally someone who knows what humans are really like. We will do anything for something we want!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this. Especially since it showcases my opinion of [some!] people rather brilliantly.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think I'm missing something that would help me understand what's going on here. It seems to be technically very proficient. Good luck with it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


it was good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


O.O
wow that was awesome. I loved it. Beautifully written. XD :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Posted 14 Years Ago


this was really cool, intersesting and it seemed slightly poetic to me. this was a really cool short story, you did a really good job on this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Human are the wort of the species on this Earth that kills. We typically do it for all the wrong reasons, hence the homicidal maniac. There is no limit on the cruelties one human can inflict on another and killing/murder is typically just the tip of the iceberg.
I'm tempted to say there is more to this then what there first appeats to be. I can easily picture this as someones worst fears come to life. Either with them in the role of victim or attacker. It depends on the mind set of the individual.
While short in length there is great depth to the piece. We see a briefe glips inside the mind of a killerfrom twopossible perspectives. It depends on how you read the piece. It could be the killer talking about himself, a he is me kinda od situation. Or it could be the victim describing the killer in their last moments of life, a fear is overwhelming them with clarity situation. I really ike the fact that there could be two perspectves on the piece. It greatly intreguies the reader, making them wish there was more so we could determine exactly which perspective we are seeing. I also liked the almost poetic nature of the repetion of the one line, _____ muders, he had done. _______ lifes he took away.
I'd love to see you expand this piece into something more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it! It's really good..shows a 'side' of humans.
No offense but though the vocab rocked, you kinda 'over-used' high-class words.
Other than that; cool job! =) m/

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't quite expect the ending to be that way. I was expecting a different adjective but as it is, well, I was surprised. Nice read.For a story I think it's short but you've made the point there and that's what matters. I like the way you developed the story from start to end and the repetition of phrases with slight changes. Good Job.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 21, 2011

Author

Alya Usman
Alya Usman

Pakistan



About
Aspiring author. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..