Am I not Human to you?

Am I not Human to you?

A Story by Kay/Hayden
"

A piece of writing about stereotypes and how dangerous they are.

"
Im not clay, I can't and won't fit into your standards because of stereotypes. Why do you consider me dangerous because of my skin color? Why am I weird because I like men? Why do you judge me when we simply just walk across paths briefly?  Why do I even have to talk about this? Can't you just learn no humans are the same? No zebra print is the same, and no human fingerprint is the same."Your Latino, you can't have money." A 12 year old was told that once. What has our world become?  Don't thnk you stereotype? Let me show you, be honest. The pictures on the left are what you view them as, the picture on the right is who the person really is.  Be honest, the only way to not discriminate is to admit you discriminate.
We are all human and your assumptions are WRONG. If someone said "Your white so you must love football" do you think all white people would agree?  You are NOT entitled to your opinion on other's lives. 

© 2020 Kay/Hayden


Author's Note

Kay/Hayden
If you would like to see all the photos from this social experiment, please click the link. https://mymodernmet.com/joel-pares-judging-america/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A month or two ago when I first read some of your stuff here, I felt you had a pretty harsh grinding edge to your way of expressing yourself. I don't fault you for feeling this way, since you've faced discrimination for such personal reasons at such a young age. This piece represents a slight softening that really appeals to me. This has your confrontational edge, but you back it up with observations taken from real life to back up what you're saying & this gives your writing more credibility.

But still, I think you need to work on NOT attacking your audience, accusing everyone of being all the things you hate about The Biased Ones. Not everyone is biased. When I read this, I feel you are just as biased at the people you slam. You say: how dare you judge me? But anyone reading this would say the exact same thing. This feels like you've already judged us & found us guilty.

I suggest you try using more "we" and less "you" . . . this change in pronouns could change your confrontational tone to an attitude of inclusion. One little time you tried to make this into a "we" situation: "We are all human . . ." but then you go right back into attack mode, telling me I'm wrong & bad & all fucked up. You don't like being talked to that way & neither does your audience. If you want people to listen to you, you have to respect them. If you want people to respect you, you have to respect them. To me, this piece does NOT show much respect going in either direction.

Sorry I can't be more supportive becuz I fully endorse what you're saying, but I have to critique you on your ability to be an EFFECTIVE WRITER. This is not effective writing. It turns lots of people away from your message becuz you are attacking us & nobody likes to be attacked. You need to write with heart if you ever want people to see your point with their hearts (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay/Hayden

3 Years Ago

Thanks for the view, as always constructive criticism always helps us improve. I guess the worst tra.. read more
Well done KMH for your posing of this important question. It is an incredibly difficult question to get your head around. There is no formula you can use to reach an answer. If there is an answer it will depend on the people involved. Am I prejudiced? Who can answer that question?
Good luck and take care!
Alan


Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay/Hayden

3 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words!
Powerful statement! No one should judge or discriminate others just because of their looks but sadly it still happens. That is why it is wonderful that people like you try to spread awareness and stand up for other people! We should all love and respect one another no matter how we look or where we came from!
Keep going, don´t let anyone bring you down!
You´re writings are beautiful and so are you! Have a great day!


Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay/Hayden

3 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words!
Ghost/Gray

3 Years Ago

No problem!
"You are NOT entitled to your opinion on other's lives. " Well, of course you are. So long as you keep em to yourself and be prepared to change them instantly. Actually, I kinda like the woman with the Kalashnikov, she seems motivated, capable and the possessor of many admirable attributes. Now, I admit I am prepared to change my opinion instantly.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Kay/Hayden

3 Years Ago

Even though I do not fully agree that we are entitled to opinions on other lives, I am proud of you .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2020
Last Updated on December 3, 2020
Tags: stereotypes

Author

Kay/Hayden
Kay/Hayden

Canton, OH



About
Hi! I am a 13-year-old aspiring author who is a proud nonbinary! I go by Kay or Hayden (Your choice). I support all people and am always here for you! Love yourself kiddos! more..

Writing
Sadness Sadness

A Poem by Kay/Hayden