Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by kaylahardy120
"

Teaserish.

"
A small chapel door opens to reveal a dark haired bride. Her jaw is clenched tightly as she hoisted her dress into her hands and swiftly glided down the concrete steps. She makes her way to a rundown 2006 Silver Taurus and hops in. A crowd of people are crowding around the door of the chapel and a man in a tux begins running towards the car. 
"Ava!" he cries, as her car squeals and rips out of the parking lot. Dust explodes behind the car as the groom and the rest of the wedding attendees stand with confusion and defeat on their faces. 
MUSIC CUE: "White Wedding" by Billy Idol

The silver Taurus races down an empty highway at night. The bride, Ava, is driving, tear stains on her face while still in her wedding dress. The passenger's seat has a suitcase on it and an oversized coat sitting on it. Her hands are wrapped so tightly around the steering wheel that her knuckles are white. Her phone sits under the radio and she sees it light up. She glances at it and sees "ROB" show up. She shakes her head and focuses back on the never-ending road. 
VOICEMAIL AUDIO OVER MUSIC: Ava, I'm not mad, I'm just- please call me back. I just want to know where you're going and if you're safe. Okay? I love you...

Ava pulls off the highway and stops at a small gas station in a small town called, Belmont in Wisconsin. She parks the car and calls her mom. She picks up after the first ring.
"Ava Marie! Have you lost your mind?" her mother screams through the phone. Ava closes her eyes and pulls the phone away from her ear briefly. 
"No, I haven't. In fact, I'm thinking clearer than I have in months," she responds, looking at the flickering neon OPEN sign in the gas station's window. 
"Rob is worried sick about you! Not to mention all of us! How could you do this? We planned this wedding all year and you just up and run off? What's gotten into you?" her mom gushes as Ava sighs. She rips the veil off her head and throws it into the backseat. 
"I-I don't know. I just need to get away for a while," Ava responds, looking at a Post-It note with an address on it. 
"Well, then you should've postponed the wedding a few weeks ago! Do you not love Robert?" her mom questions and Ava groans, her forehead resting on the top of the steering wheel. 
"No, it's not that. I'm sorry, mom. I've got to go," Ava whispers, shaking her head. 
"Ava! Where are you-" her mom starts, but Ava hangs up before she can finish. Ava tucks her phone away and begins pulling out of the gas station and driving along a quiet suburban street. She squints in the dark trying to make out addresses as her car chugs along at a steady 10mph. Ava pulls into a small hotel and tucks the address away. She parks the car, grabs her suitcase and begins up to the door. 
Music resumes.

Ava storms into the lobby, all guests and workers stare with wide eyes and a few dropped jaws as she slams her credit card onto the counter. 


© 2018 kaylahardy120


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm...did this happen to you in real life or is this something you're thinking about subconsciously? Can't wait to see where this goes...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

6 Years Ago

This is something completely made up in my head. I was driving the other day and "White Wedding" cam.. read more
SAMBATH P V

6 Years Ago

Goood work

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 19, 2018
Last Updated on January 19, 2018
Tags: wedding, bride, groom, ex, boyfriend, stood up, romance, drama


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by kaylahardy120