Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by kaylahardy120

Miranda turns off the faucet at the kitchen sink as soon as she hears the garage door open and Beeker starts to bark. Ava glances over at Beeker and at Miranda quickly and Miranda flashes her a smile.


“I think Tony’s home,” she says softly, walking to the garage door and sliding through it quickly. Tony gets out of his car and smiles up at her. He engulfs her into a hug and kisses her cheek. He pulls back and examines her eyes.

“You okay?” he asks, brushing a few of her curls behind her ears. She nods, crossing her arms across her chest. His jaw tightens and loosens as her kisses her forehead. He gestures to the door and she walks in with Tony right behind her. His face is stoic as he walks into the kitchen and catches a glimpse of Ava on the couch. Beeker’s nails click against the kitchen tile to greet Tony who picks him up and rubs the top of his head roughly.

“Hi, Beek,” he grins. Ava sits forward on the couch, and looks in at Tony cuddling the dog. He looks up and his smile fades as he meets her eyes. Ava slowly stands up from the couch and walks over to him.


“What an unexpected surprise,” he says softly, looking Ava up and down as she lowers her eyes to the ground and shrugs. A moment later, she throws herself at him and wraps her arms around him tightly. He’s caught by surprise, but hugs her back after a moment of vulnerability. She pulls back with a smile, yet there are tears in her eyes as well. He motions to the living room and the trio begin towards the couch. As Ava sits down she notices Miranda about to sit down with Tony.


“I was hoping I could talk with Tony...alone,” she speaks, glancing at Tony who sighs and looks up at Miranda. Her smile drops and she bites her lip. She nods uncomfortably before standing up and walking to the door.


“I’m going to, erm, get some groceries,” she calls before the front door slams. Tony sighs and looks at Ava, clasping his hands together.


“Not only do you come to my house without letting anyone know, but you just show up after not having any communication with me for 5 years?” he asks and she looks down at his hands.


“I wasn’t really planning on showing up here if I’m being honest,” she replies and Tony raises his eyebrows.


“So, why are you here then?” he pushes and she laughs slightly.


“My wedding was yesterday and-”


“Your wedding? Why are you here if your wedding was yesterday?” he asks, glancing at her ring finger and noticing the ring missing. She bites her lip and shrugs.


“You weren’t at the wedding,” she continues and he drops his head into his hands.


“I’m busy with work and Miranda-”


“Oh yes, let’s talk about Miranda! The girl you cheated on me with,” Ava snaps and Tony groans and points a finger at her.


“Don’t even try it. We broke up and Miranda was there. She used to be your friend until you made that big scene at her party,” Tony grumbled and Ava shakes her head.


“We weren’t even broken up for a week and you were dating her! How do you think that made me feel?” Ava screamed and Tony just stares at her.


“This is not the time to be bringing this up, Ava! This was 5 years ago! I moved on a long time ago! You’re apparently engaged? I can’t believe you’re doing this,” he laughs and rubs his temple with his finger.


“You can’t honestly tell me you don’t still have feelings for me,” Ava cried, tears visible on her face now.


“Ava, I haven’t seen you in 5 years and that night you broke my heart. I care for you and I’ll be a friend to you, but nothing more. We’ve grown and I love someone else...apparently you do too,” Tony whispers, lowering his tone and softening his eyes. Ava looks down and shakes her head.


“I wouldn’t be here if I loved him.”



© 2018 kaylahardy120


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018
Tags: wedding, breakup, ex, runaway, romance, love, drama


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120