Best Friend and Lover

Best Friend and Lover

A Story by Kazandra16

Best Friend and Lover

 

My name is Peter Johnson, I live in New York City and I am 16 years old. Today was ok I didn’t want to go to school but I saw my best friend Rebecca. We knew each other since we were 5 years old. Since then I started to have strong feels for her.  I wanted to tell but I couldn’t because she had a boyfriend named Carlos. I really hate him so much I can hurt him.

While I am at the bus stop waiting for the school bus. Until I heard Rebecca. “Hey Peter, how was your weekend?” She said.

“It was good, how was your Rebecca?”

“Not so good, Carlos and I have a big fight.”

“What did you two fight about?”

“Because I told him that I didn’t want to go on a date with him Friday night. That I was hanging out with your family.”

“It is ok, you can go on your date with Carlos. I will tell my mom we will have it Saturday.” 

“Are you sure Peter?”

“Yes, Rebecca I am sure we just have fun Saturday. Plus it will be more fun, we are going to California.”

“Ok fine I’ll go Friday but I am going with you to California ok.” 

“Just tell you mom so after your date, you can sleep over because we leaving early.”

“Ok, let’s go the bus is here.”

We got on the bus I sat with John my other friend while Rebecca sat with Carlos. I am happy she is going with me and my family to California Saturday. Everybody got off the bus and went inside the school. I overheard Rebecca telling Carlos she will go if him Friday.

I started to feel a little jealous because it wasn’t me she was going on a date with. The bell rang for class, I sat in my seat and took my exam I missed Friday because I was late to school.  I finished early so I had time to talk to John about Rebecca.

“Hey, John,” I said.

“Hey Peter what’s up?”

“Nothing much, but guess what?”

“Is it about Rebecca?”

“Yes, she is going with me and my family to California Saturday,” 

“That is great, does she know how you feel yet?”

“No,” I said in a sad voice.

“Why haven’t you told her?”

“She is with Carlos I can’t mess up her relationship because I am jealous and I like her. She might hate me for doing that.”

The bell rang.

“Well you better tell her now before takes her forever  and she will never know how you feel about her. I have to go see you at lunch.” He said 

“Ok,” I said 

As I walked through the halls I noticed Rebecca was crying outside are history class. “Are you ok?” I asked

“No, Carlos cheated on me with Jane.” 

“It is going to be ok”

“Why can't people be more like you Peter?”

“I don’t know”

“I don”t feel like going to class today.”

“Rebecca it is going to be fine I am here with  you. So let's get up and go to class, please.”

“Ok, fine just because of you Peter.”

“Thank you, we talk  after the test ok.”

“Ok, Peter.”

We went to class and took our exams the only thing I can think about is why did he do it. It didn’t take me long to do my test I waited until she was finished to talk. She came and sat down and held my hand. “How are you feeling?” I said.

“A little since you calmed me down in the hallway, thanks for that.

“Your welcome.”

“Well, time for lunch ready to go Peter?”

“Yea let me get my coat first.”

“Ok.”

We went to lunch and ate are other friends noticed Rebecca was crying. So they stayed quiet most of the time. Carlos can to the table, can we talk Rebecca. He said.

“NO Carlos we can't talk  go talk to Jane”

“I am sorry I didn’t mean to cheat on you. I just got so mad when you said you had to cancel your date Friday because you were hanging out with Peter.”

“THAT DOESN’T  MEAN CHEAT ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND.”

“I am sorry do you forgive me?”

“NO I DON’T “

While I was listening I was happy and felt bad for the guy. He loved her a lot but he messed up big time. Carlos grabbed her and tried to kiss her. I pushed him away from her. “What the hell are you doing?” I said.

“Shut up Peter this has nothing to do with you.”

“Actually is it now since you put your hands on her a*****e. She told you she doesn’t want you back so leave her alone buddy.”

“Fine you will regret this, you will never find a guy like me that loves you like I do never.”

Rebecca left home after lunch so she missed some exams.  After school, I went to her house to see if she ok. I finally got to her house I knock on the door. Her mother answered. 

“Hello, Peter.” She said

“Hi Mrs. Rodriguez, how is she doing?”

“She is doing ok.”

“Is it ok if I see her?”

“Yes, it is ok.”

I went upstairs to her room, I see her laying down with a box of tissues. “How do you feel?” I said.

“I feel broken, incomplete it is true what he said, I will never a guy like him never.”

“That is not true get that out of your head now.”

“I can't it is true.”

“No, it not true because there is someone who loves you more than he does ok.”

“Who Peter?”

“Me.”

“Wow.”

“What?”

“I was waiting when you were going to tell me that you were in love with me.”

“You know, how?”

“John told  me yesterday.”

“Oh, I feel  kind of stupid now,”

“You shouldn’t feel stupid I was scared  to tell you too.”

“We are in love with each other that I was not expecting that.”

“Peter I want to give us a try, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do.”

“well then we are together and nothing will happen to us.”

“Noting we stop us,” I said.

I left home to start packing for Saturday. I got a call from Rebecca saying her dad passed away in the hospital. , I ran to her house to confront her but she wasn’t home so I waited for her until she got back. We canceled all are plans for the funeral,.he was like a father to me since my dad dead 

We went to school two weeks later, Carlos paid his respects it was nice of him too. Two more weeks until school was over and we graduate. I was thinking a lot of crazy stuff to do at graduation like propose to her and stuff. But she surprises me first that we were going to have a child which got me  scared but I knew we will be great parents. Since that was a perfect moment I propose  right there and she said yes.

It was so great now I have everything I ever wanted in the world. Going to be a father, husband and a big brother it was a lot of work but I am going pretty well if you ask me.

© 2016 Kazandra16


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on March 28, 2016
Last Updated on March 28, 2016

Author

Kazandra16
Kazandra16

Reading, PA



About
Hi my name is Kazandra, i am 16 i like to play sports. On my free time i like to write short stories. more..

Writing
The war The war

A Story by Kazandra16