When They Are Gone

When They Are Gone

A Story by that-little-green-monster
"

When it is dark, there is always light.

"

      The knarled roots twist across the dead grass. The smell of singed plants fill the air. Dust clouds your vision and could bring tears to your eyes. There is no sign of life. Everything is dead. The trees look sad and lonely, the plants are dead, the skeletons that remain litter the ground. The Earth was dying before the bombs, the desperation, everyone knew that. But they refused to believe it. But now the Earth smolders in ashes, destroyed by the life that once brought glory to it. Nothing can survive in the devastation. But even in the dark you can see light. So even in the devastation, you can see life. The wind stirs the dirt. It rises and dances around the earth, a glimpse of life. It reveals a small green weed. Its nothing yet it is everything. Life will come again. If one is patient, it will always come again. Whether or not humans live on the Earth again, life will grow. Abundant leaves, bright flowers and beautiful green trees. All life is valuable whether its a simple leaf or a human being. And from what we know, life will always come again.

© 2012 that-little-green-monster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012

Author

that-little-green-monster
that-little-green-monster

About
Hello! I am a high school student. I am a thespian and a writer. I hope to pursue a career in a creative field. I believe that words can have affect on people more than we could ever imagine. I don't .. more..

Writing