I can't say it

I can't say it

A Story by that-little-green-monster
"

Its supposed to be a monologue....

"
  I'm not sure if I'll miss you. But I'll never be able to tell until you're gone. So I wish you the kindest farewell as you walk out that door. I can't say I love you, because I'm not sure if I do. I know I care. I care about you, about what happens to you, where you go. I know you love me. I know that you think I'm everything but you never let me move at my own pace. I don't know what you think but I express in my own way. No matter how hard you try you'll never be able to change me. I don't think you realise that. I don't think you consider my feelings. I think you're wrapped up in you right now. I want to say I love you but I can't and I'm sorry! I dont know what this is, what we are, all I know is that I'm happy. Maybe this time will help us. Maybe we'll be able to think. And maybe you'll never come back. But I know it's for the best. It has to be. Because if it's not, I won't know how to live without you. I don't want to see you leave but I have to. I want to say I love you but I can't. I dont know how I feel. I'll miss you. Come back soon.

© 2012 that-little-green-monster


Author's Note

that-little-green-monster
This should be read by a young woman. Early to late 20s.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Cathy...one other spelling error is 'realise.' It should be 'realize.'

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is awesome. I think it could be read by anyone breaking up to help them realize that life goes on and often times it improves. Also, I must say, this could be a female or male voice in my mind, which is something hard to manage. I love the apologetic, but firm tone of the voice, and the hope that it carries for the speaker and the "spoken to." Beautiful work. I'm going for another read. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Apart from the spelling error - "farwell" - which should say "farewell", I really like this and can relate to it greatly. It's a mixed-up rollercoaster of emotions and you have written it well. Keep writing, your work is good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012
Tags: Love, divorce, decisions, confused, goodbye, leaving

Author

that-little-green-monster
that-little-green-monster

About
Hello! I am a high school student. I am a thespian and a writer. I hope to pursue a career in a creative field. I believe that words can have affect on people more than we could ever imagine. I don't .. more..

Writing