Sorrow for Eternity: Chapter One

Sorrow for Eternity: Chapter One

A Story by iliketheboysthatbite
"

Something happens to bring together the creatures that hate each other; vampires, witches, and werewolves. There will be romance, and there will be humor.

"

Chapter One

“You’re late,” my older brother Benjamin said to me as I sat in the seat across from him and my best friend Amilia. 

Amilia and I have been close friends for nearly sixty years now, but she’d never met my brother until twenty-something years ago. 

She’s probably one of the most gifted witches I’ve ever met, well apart from her twin sister, Haven, who was just as gifted.  The Donohue witches were well-known amongst the Mythics, and even the Hunters. 

            “Okay, well, at least I’m fashionably late, right?” I shot back at him.  Now, that was an overstatement on my part.  My clothes were relatively simple today; jeans, T-shirt, and my trusty old Chucks.  It was my usual attire.

            Amilia and Benjamin just shook their heads and chuckled in unison.  I was the only one aware of their secret marriage.  Let’s just say that how I found out scarred me for eternity, okay?  Not even Haven or Evelyn, Haven’s best friend, knew about it. 
            Now, I respect their wishes and all, but there comes a point when you begin to wonder why she wouldn’t tell her sister she’s married to an old-as-dirt vampire…

            My brother Benjamin was roughly ten years older than I am, physically, at least.  See, I was only nineteen when I was changed, so that makes him twenty-nine.  But, we’re much, much older than that.  We were born and changed in the fourteen hundreds, a much more complicated time.

            He’s very tall, as am I.  It must’ve been some kind of mutation in our genes, because what I remember of our parents is that they were really short people.  We both have our mother’s shocking blue eyes and her silky black hair. 

            Benjamin is like my rock, and though I hardly need it, my protector.  He’s always there when I need him for anything, even killing freakishly small spiders that couldn’t harm me.

            Amilia cleared her throat. “Well, we should get to business.  You’ve heard of what Brenda is up to now.  She’s gone mad, killing innocents, and being sloppy with cleaning it up.  The Hunters haven’t stepped in yet to handle it, so it’s time we did.

            “We’re going to need to call in the Romulus pack.  Their Alpha, William, holds reign, and is very powerful, so with his pack, Haven and I, Evelyn, and you and Benji, we’ll be able to stop her easily,” she looked to Benjamin as she finished talking.

            Sighing, he turned to face me again. “Ava, we’ll need you to meet with Genieve, McLadden’s wife.  You’ll need to be polite, if not civil towards her, alright?  I’ve already set up a meeting for you today after we’re finished here.  Will you meet with the queen b***h? For me,” he was using that calming stare, one so much like our father used.

            So I thought over the pros and cons of meeting her.  Yes, it would stink like there was a skunk at my feet, and all of my sense would be working double time, therefore giving me a huge migraine, but with their help it would all be over soon, and then they would leave. 

            “If I say yes, will you at least consider outing yourselves? It’s not fair to everyone, especially Haven.  I mean, yeah, she’ll be mad, but who wouldn’t be?  The worst she’ll give is rockets’ red glare and possibly try to castrate my brother, but other than that it’ll be fine --” I was suddenly cut off by a rather loud groan from Benjamin at the thought of his man-junk detached from his body.

            “Please don’t speak that way.  Ever.  Again.  We’ve discussed this Avalien; it’s just not the right time to tell everyone.  With everything involving the could-be war between everything mythical, World War III wouldn’t be as bad as Amilia’s sister finding out she was married to a vampire,” my brother said, his light eyes growing dark. 

I still didn’t see his point, but I let it drop.

            I sighed, and dropped my head into my hands, running my fingers through my short black hair.  “Alright, Bennie, I know I can’t win this, so I give.  ‘Kay?  Now, that said, when and where am I meeting the Romulus’ queen?”

            Benjamin and Amilia both sigh, probably relieved that I’d agreed so easily, as I usually liked the fight.

            “You’ll meet her at that coffee shop you love.  I thought a public setting would be best,” Amila said, chuckling.  She knew me too well.  I was lucky to have my best friend as my sister-in-law.

© 2010 iliketheboysthatbite


Author's Note

iliketheboysthatbite
Okay, I did in fact break up the first chapter into two parts, because it would've been rather long, which I don't particularly like. My apologies to those who've read SFE, it's just the way I work. I'll update when I can, but I'm not in any hurry. So, please tell me what you thought, and remember, there's going to be more of a plot very soon. Thank you.
PS: It's orginial, so any superhuman traits are all my own. *HintHint*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please upload it soon. I beg of you. Seriously. I want to meet Genieve. Pretty Please? I love this story so much.....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2010
Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves