Sorrow for Eternity: Chapter Two

Sorrow for Eternity: Chapter Two

A Story by iliketheboysthatbite
"

Something happens to bring together the creatures that hate each other; vampires, witches, and werewolves. There will be romance, and there will be humor.

"

Chapter Two

 

            As I walked into Tamra’s Lodge, I took a whiff of the nasty stench that was a werewolf.

“Okay, Queenie, where are you hiding?” I said, more to myself than anyone.

            Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder, and the person’s hand was warmer than any human’s.

“Excuse me, would you happen to be Avalien Reedom,” I heard a sugary sweet voice ask from behind me.

I turned around so fast I was afraid I’d given myself away.

The young woman in front of me could be described in one word: Barbie.  Actually, Barbie-With-Bust is more like it.  She was stunning.  Her face was heart-shaped and her stance was powerful.  Her curly hair fell just atop her shoulders. 

I looked at her eyes, expecting that shade of Barbie-blue, but instead found them nearly pitch black.

She cleared her throat.  “Miss Reedom, is it?  I believe you’re here to meet me.  I’m Genieve McLadden.”

Barbie-With-Bust is the super-powerful Queen B***h?  What the f**k?  I shook my head to gather my senses.

“Yes, I’m Ava,” I replied, finding it hard to smile.  “So, should we sit?  I’m sort of thirsty.  No pun intended.”

She didn’t laugh, but her dark eyes glittered with humor.  “Of course, right this way.”

We headed over to a booth and sat down opposite of each other.  Then, suddenly Tamra herself came over to take our order.

Tamra smiled widely and said, “Hey Ava, the usual?  Oh, who’s your friend?”

I smiled gratefully at Tamra.  She always put me in a better mood.  “Yep, the usual.  And this is Genieve.  She’s new in town.”

She looked at my werewolf companion.  “Genieve?  Sounds French.  Where are you from?”

Genieve smiled widely, showing off her perfect white teeth.  “I’m originally from France, but my husband and I just moved to Ravens Hollow from Scotland.”

Tamra’s eyebrows went up. “Wow!  I’ve never actually met someone who wasn’t from the states.  Why’d you move, if you don’t mind my asking?”

Genieve chose her answer carefully.  “We just felt that it was time to move on.  Things get boring after a while.  William and I needed to get away, and Ravens Hollow seemed like a good place to escape to.”

Yeah, and that’s code for ‘crazed vampire and kooky witch on the loose, and my fellow werewolves and I were needed to kill them’.

“You look awfully young to be married, just how old are you?”

Well, Tamra was never really one to beat around the bush.  It’s one of the things I like about the human.

Genieve had the gall to smirk at Tamra and say, “That’s none of your business, now, is it?  I’ll have whatever she’s having.  Thank you.”

But, Tamra being Tamra, she just took it all in stride, smiling all the while.  “Anything else for either of you, Ava?”

I shook my head at her.  “No thanks, Tammy.  I’m good.”

Tamra nodded her head and walked away.  Meanwhile Genieve just stared at me.  It was somewhat unnerving, to be honest.

“Okay, now that casualties are out of the way, let’s get down to business.  William and Benjamin both agree that working together is what’s best for us all.  I however, don’t agree with them.  I strongly dislike working with vampires, and I’m sure that you feel the same about us werewolves, am I right,” she asked, still staring at me with those black eyes.

Now, I had no real qualms with werewolves, apart from their stench, but this b***h was making it hard to like her.

“Actually, I don’t have a problem with working together, so you’re alone in that boat.  When do we start?  I’m sure it will be a joy; all of us Mythics working towards a common goal, and all.  And, ooh!  Maybe we could all get together and even play a game of Twister,” I said as sarcastically as I possibly could.

Just as she was about to reply, Tamra came back holding our cups.  As soon as I smelled the caramel and hazelnut, I was a goner.  I swear, if not for the fact that blood was the best-tasting thing I’ve ever tasted; Tamra’s ‘Golden Cup’ would be number one in my little black book.

It was a mixture of hot cocoa and coffee with a fuckload of caramel and hazelnut syrup. If she was in a good mood, which today she wasn’t, thanks to Genieve, Tamra would bring out a little bowl of hazelnuts to eat along with my drink.

“Enjoy,” she said, and walked away once more.

I lifted my cup to my lips and took a long sip.  Over the rim of my cup, I saw Genieve scowling at her own mug.  “What?  You asked for it,” I reminded her with a falsely sweet smile.

“I figured that for a vampire you’d be having a black coffee or something equally plain.  Not something so terribly sweet,” Queenie complained.

I scoffed at her.  What a b***h, I thought to myself.  “Well, to each her own, I guess.”

The way she smiled was almost appreciative.  “I guess you’re right.  So, I’ll pass on the game of Twister, but my husband and I will be over tomorrow afternoon to meet with your family.  That sound okay?”

Tomorrow, I thought.  Do I have anything planned?  Other than hanging out with Amilia, and possibly Haven, I was free.

“Sounds good to me.  Around noon it is,” I said, taking another sip of my Golden Cup.

Aaah… So sweet.

© 2010 iliketheboysthatbite


Author's Note

iliketheboysthatbite
Sorry for taking so long, but here it is. Hope you like it enough to review it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

omg luv it!!! lol but for some reason every time Genieve talks i here it come out in a British accent!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it!!!! Genieve is my favorite!!!! I can't wait to read more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2010