longing

longing

A Story by Kelsey Rogers
"

v emotional 2 am overthinking results

"
And then I found myself highlighting quotes in a book for him because I knew he would know what I meant, and most importantly that he'd understand.  I've always wanted someone to read the spark in my eyes that I acquire after viewing such a beautiful entanglement of words.  Now that I have it, I'm completely stunned.
He's a highly developed character on his own, one I could never come up with myself.  He's different in the way he approaches things.  He finds the strangest sights hilarious and has the most contagious laugh I've ever heard.  He isn't aware of how illuminating his smile is because he tries to hide it, even though sometimes I catch it when he thinks I'm not paying attention. But I notice all of the little things.  
Today I watched him read and noticed how his mouth moved softly along with the character's journey.  When he's on the second page, his head bobs as he makes his way along the lines of the text.  In some distant part of the universe, I internally combusted because watching a boy read has never been so alluring.
The only thing that terrifies me is time.  Time has shown me that people can become toxic.  That demons can emerge from the brightest souls.  That the souls were never bright in the first place, just beautifully sculpted beyond recognition.  No matter how hard I wrap my arms around him and try to remember every single detail possible as I lay on his chest, this will only be temporary.

© 2015 Kelsey Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 23, 2015
Last Updated on June 23, 2015

Author

Kelsey Rogers
Kelsey Rogers

PA



About
jumbled up mind. a collection of scribbles on my calculus notebook and sticky notes. hoping that soon i get to find my great perhaps. more..

Writing
prone prone

A Poem by Kelsey Rogers