where's the work

where's the work

A Poem by kenwillp
"

so little work we are ask

"
I am very zealous in repeating and preaching to others the words that Jesus spoke to those He loved, His disciples that too loved Him and to the crowds that followed, wanted and needed Him to act on their behalf. Yet, as for me, one who professes to know and love the Lord, I refuse to drink of the chalice of His compassion. In that, I am slothful in the very work of charity which the Lord performs toward His beloved and which charity He bestows upon the needy. The Lord serving all those who wanted, needed and sought holy, spiritual deliverance, and a reprieve from their daily physical toils.
However, lacking and faltering, as I am and I have been,  objectionably missing from my good motive and my good intention- premeditated upon the Lord's holy examples-are the very acts of kindness and goodness and sincerity which such motives and intentions require for their graceful and charitable consummation. Acts in which Jesus delights. These He has demonstrated to me unceasingly even until now, love being witness to the works of the truly faithful servants of His will. Graces of mercy that I likewise should be doing today.
O' how sinfully fretful, ever all too selfish and untimely; indeed with all impatience, short-sightedness, and of the utmost haste am I in the work of charity. O' so remiss am I even in spending one precious moment of the god-given day in helping my mother, my brother, my sister, my dear friend or, even as Jesus did, reaching out in godly charity to the stranger and the outcast. So slight even to be of help with a single chore necessary to relief for my loved-one's and too for the down-trodden outcast's very need(s) to be met, for the care and concern in their heart to be comforted. And as for me, how shall my own duty of love be met, fulfilled and finished in me without works of charity? In that case, I am unresolved and incomplete, standing outside the work; found alone in my pretentious preaching.
How hypocritical and slothful I truly am in voice and deed.

© 2016 kenwillp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 27, 2016
Last Updated on January 27, 2016

Author

kenwillp
kenwillp

toledo, OH



About
I would like to say first that I am a High School "drop-out". I finished the 10th grade and half of the 11th. I received my G.E.D when I paid $10 dollars and took the equivalency test while I was in t.. more..

Writing
TRUMP WARS TRUMP WARS

A Story by kenwillp


greater than greater than

A Story by kenwillp