what of life I choose

what of life I choose

A Poem by kenwillp
"

choice

"

Life on earth seems a tragic game played according to rules

unfavorable, dangerous and rigid; these rules are by design fearful in the sense that they give us warning, and access to knowledge beyond human wisdom, life-saving principles for the safe movement of our soul onto salvation and rest-God's desire for all faithful to abide by them. They are not meant to be tested and tried, but live by, being our guides in this life upon earth. These are our faithful keepers, and however unpliable they seem, these rules are lovingly shaped to sharpen our choice-which is our faith found in Him.

Chance and risk are methods in a self-willed life, styled after a tradition of humanity separate of God, not knowing and niether wanting Him by choice. This self formed, self-centered, fear is exactly due to separation from God. Lone human passions and lust filled or unfulfilled lead to evil desires, temptations, hurt feelings and anger. All human choosing is, and willed, based in the self-pride that ends in sin and death. Living apart from God's rules I find myself like Adam-having made a deadly choice. Adam's(humanism) truth, in light of God's rules, came first to his mind. God makes "choice" my very life expectancy. There are those that say fear and superstition are basis for man's belief in God. The basis for belief in life-God is choice; I believe choice is God's pure way of giving Himself to us-we must choose Him, whether primitive and unsophisticated people or cultured and philosophical societies. I must choose-make a choice. In this fact, that we choose and have choice to seek God is God undoubtedly, undeniably, and definitely found. He made us that way-we are liable to our choice which speaks of our thoughts, our hearts and our soul-our truth. He stands by our choice. And we fall, when we do not make Him our choice.

 

I must play the game, life, now that I am here("play" as in-enjoy, life is a gift). Am I, such an intricately, highly complex, yet fragile life-form just happenstance; am I random chance, luck, plainly logical? of course not! For it cannot be chance(nothing from nothing begats nothing?); it is definitely not by choice, and as for luck(found in chance)-first there must be an " I " that is given a chance(luck is human conception). Logic tells me, if I was not, then chance is void, else being void, then, I was more as nothing than I am now--look at me-frightened of everything.

We find so much goodness in life through the power given our faith in Jesus, Holy God, in our human choice for Him. In this choice we live and experience rational control of our lives, in choosing irrationally(unfaithfully to God), we see that our wholesome-ness. wellness, is betrayed-we act inhumane. We are whole and well when we accept and love our subordination-a rational choice. Faith in God means knowingly, acceptingly and charitably doing what is best- love. This is His explicit Will. Love is a foe to no one.

© 2009 kenwillp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 11, 2009

Author

kenwillp
kenwillp

toledo, OH



About
I would like to say first that I am a High School "drop-out". I finished the 10th grade and half of the 11th. I received my G.E.D when I paid $10 dollars and took the equivalency test while I was in t.. more..

Writing
TRUMP WARS TRUMP WARS

A Story by kenwillp


greater than greater than

A Story by kenwillp