have I no shame

have I no shame

A Poem by kenwillp
"

a citizen, an alien, torn

"

God has saved me from the devil, demons, demon-possessed humans, and my own evil self, and from self-will, selfishness, self-centeredness, self-loathing, and self-pity, that is, was, and will always be because of instincts, inordinate instinctual drives, and my ego's contents that steers them: pride and fear. My ego’s shame and guilt stem from lies that betray my integrity; lies that are of and from my unwarranted self-righteous attitude that is set against God and all that is holy and right. And of all my character defects, the worst still, God has saved me from: the deceitful desire of fornication, to abuse sex, that is, to abuse women, as people do abuse drugs and alcohol, and as a matter of fact, as people use and abuse one another for what they selfishly want. Do you know what I mean?

God has saved me from the poverty of riches: hypocrisy, and, from the riches of poverty: judgment. God has delivered me from the arrogance of a self-sufficient personality, and from self-sufficient persons, that cry God with our mouth and love money with our heart. Do you know what I mean?

I don't want or need nothing a person might have, if I like someone it is the beauty of the soul of a person I like, this attracts me, and this is what pleases my own soul. It is not what they possess; my heart cannot be bought, neither will I - any longer -defraud it.

I am poor, inheritedly rich. So, if someone is looking for that knight in shining armor, with a castle set on a hill, with a court assembled before him, and with a host of phony, back-stabbing, and guileful friends, then a person must seek that in another, in another fantasy or reality, for this is not my truth or longing, not any longer. Do you understand what I mean?

I am fifty, having one foot in the grave and the other fitted to go in. What the world and, specifically, America breeds is overly-competitive, fanatically money hungry, self-centerly self-reliant and self-sufficient, as compared to God-reliant and God-sufficient, citizens. We are taught to love our lust(s) for today, and we are rewarded with a blindness for tomorrow's future, my eventual death: what of my soul in the after-life. In this life we never get enough, just as hell's fire is never quenched and is ever hungry for more, today's gluttonous and greedy imaginings for tomorrow's selfish and self-seeking desires are actually dead-defying fantasies of my own making. I am then abjectly blind to tomorrow's possible consequences for today's lustful appetite: I am dead, thinking I am alive because of sin's deceitfulness.

Doubtful that I shall see another fifty years. Our bodies become worn-out tools destined for the scrap heap. And my time has come. For Kenneth, it has come down to now or never; it is no longer about how or when. If I say I have not learn about the how to or the when to I am back to being that liar I talk of earlier: God is or He is not. What is Kenneth’s personal choice to be: damn the torpedo, full sail ahead, there is no heaven or hell; so be it? Or, that I have found hope and am willing to trust to that hope, and continue to live by that hope, a hope in tomorrow. I take God at His Word: Jesus Christ, amen.

© 2010 kenwillp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 5, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010

Author

kenwillp
kenwillp

toledo, OH



About
I would like to say first that I am a High School "drop-out". I finished the 10th grade and half of the 11th. I received my G.E.D when I paid $10 dollars and took the equivalency test while I was in t.. more..

Writing
TRUMP WARS TRUMP WARS

A Story by kenwillp


greater than greater than

A Story by kenwillp