instinct to know God

instinct to know God

A Poem by kenwillp
"

all that I am , all that I know, and all that I am doing, God has ....

"

It is not shocking to me that I am not the devout Christian disciple I want to be, as of those of the first century. And the reasons can be cataloged according to my natural instincts. The natural, God-given instincts are our social instinct, our security instinct, and our sex instinct. The natural instincts God has given us were not meant to block us from Him, but given that we should lived according to their natural sway and within His will to be used rightly.

            If I live my social life exclusively in the manner of the world that sets itself apart from God, then my social instinct will separate me from divine influence. When I spend the majority of my time in the company of people who do not believe, obey, or do service for God, consequently I cut myself off from Him. If I live contrary to the tenets of scripture and apart from my religious leaders and fellows, then I stand alone and in violation of my religious vows. When my social life revolves around nothing but partying, bar-hopping, indulging in the abuse of alcohol and drugs, and the pursuit of my appetite for sex, money, and prestige I serve the world. How can I feel God’s closeness? My heart, my mind, and my time are consumed and filled by my obsession with these things. My drive for the social delights of the world become contrary to my faith, devotion, and spiritual life, which are the enjoyments of the person living in the society of Christians. Not attending church services because of my constant hangovers from partying each week-end is not conducive to being available for Sunday worship, and serving the world like a slave all the day long, drains me for regular mid-week services and bible study. Very effectively by not being in regular fellowship with Christians, I deny myself of needed support in the faith. A lack of time for and devotion to bible reading, prayer, and meditation removes me from vitally needed conscious commune with God’s Holy Spirit, my Helper, and my Comforter.

When my I make my natural, God-given instinct for security dependent solely upon my lone self-sufficiency, and as my social life is not faithfully Christian oriented, then I become consumed with the chase for money, material things, and people. And these things mislead me and filled me with thought of my own self-importance and prestige. I become snared and taken away in my false pride and egomania. Self-deluded, I claim to love God, but my agnosticism bordering on atheism, betrays to trusting and relying upon God. I am a liar and have become blindly and abjectly faithful to money: a primary taproot of evil.

And as my fear-filled incessant demands for material and emotional security - aspects of the security instinct - for houses, cars, and valuables such as jewelry or expensive clothing, or if my emotional demands upon people for time, attention and affection drive me, they drive from God and my spiritual tools and practices. I am overly focused on the world’s goods and not those beneficial to my progress in discipleship to God.

            Additionally, should my natural instinct for sex, which God has given for the blessing of procreation and intimacy within the marriage relationship, drives me inordinately, again I am found outside of the right and good will Of God. Therefore, my heart, mind, body, and soul become twisted and sickened spiritually. Spending all my energy and resources lustfully in pursuit of sex is demeaning to my spirit from God. As this vital sex instinct becomes perverted and far-off course, we intuitively know and feel within ourselves it is to be hidden from the view of others. An inordinate human sexual behaviors must be hidden for lust is an ugly and degrading attribute, even to those not inclined to follow God.

            Sex is not an evil or wicked lust of some lower nature within us, it is the paramount blessing of our humanity - the highest forms of created life - and we ought to use this benediction from God with utmost prudence, faithfulness and love. Sex is not meant to be as my play thing, for the obsession and compulsion for sex is the cause of so very many broken hearts and abandoned children.

            Because God gave us our instincts by design, God through our instincts brings His influence upon us, and His affection can only be realized when we love Him. In accordance to God’s omniscience wisdom to give us natural drives our instincts amounts to freewill and by avenues of pain and joy within the instincts change take place in us. Resultantly, we learn to live rightly. Personally and corporately, as a species of rational beings, the affection derived from our natural instincts and the divine instinct of love brings us into harmony with God.

By way of our social, security, and sex instincts God has in effect put in place safeguards against the sinful, carnal nature within us; a sort of cause and affect situation - formula " by natural instinct. Every human-being possess these drives and these three vital instincts are the very purpose and motivations of our lives as human-beings. Their causativeness and their effectiveness describe the entire scope of human activity, and also the individual theme of every person’s life. Just as today is called the present - it is our gift, so too the gift of our God-given instincts continuously unwrap the truth and wisdom of Jehovah in our life. Our Father, through Jesus Christ, specified in the most basic way and in our everyday lives, the means to an end through our natural instincts, and tha end is to unite wholly with the divine spirit of His Love and Truth. I sense Yahweh's love working in me, through me, and by me in my basic instincts given to me.

© 2010 kenwillp


Author's Note

kenwillp
under edit and revision

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010

Author

kenwillp
kenwillp

toledo, OH



About
I would like to say first that I am a High School "drop-out". I finished the 10th grade and half of the 11th. I received my G.E.D when I paid $10 dollars and took the equivalency test while I was in t.. more..

Writing
TRUMP WARS TRUMP WARS

A Story by kenwillp


greater than greater than

A Story by kenwillp