A Dark side of the Light (Pt. 2) Picking up the stone

A Dark side of the Light (Pt. 2) Picking up the stone

A Story by Kevin Andros
"

A person in the battle of his life arguing with his own soul

"
Picking up the Pebble

I cannot. I simply cannot do this.

May I ask why you cannot do this?

I just cannot. It’s too damn difficult. I cannot.

C’mon man, just give it a try!

Hey! I told you that I cannot do this. Now do not try to force me.

Force you? Who am I to force you? It will be you who will be ruined, always remember that.

Well, I know that, but what can I do? This is very difficult. I can’t just prepare for this exam in a week’s time!

At least you give it a try!

Whatever I would do, I will fail. I’m damn sure of that.

May I ask why are you so sure that you won’t be able to do this?


As there is not enough time now! I should have prepared for the exams months ago, now there isn’t much time for that! I have been a stupid little brat! A foolish person!

Well, there will be a time to curse yourself, I promise. But this is not the time. You stop lamenting about the past and give this your best try man! C’mon!

*sighs* Alright man, I will give it a try. But I’m still sure that I’ll fail.

Try? Okay. Try picking up that pebble down on the road there.

*picks up the stone* There you go.

No! I didn’t tell you to pick up the stone. I just told you to try picking up the stone!

Are you kidding me?

No, I’m serious! I told you to TRY to pick up the stone! But you PICKED up the stone.


Now how can I try to pick up the stone without actually picking it up?

That is what I’m trying to say my friend.

What’s your point?

My point is that if you put your best effort, you are bound to succeed. You really TRIED to pick up the stone, but gave it your best shot. Since you were successful in picking it up. Similarly is the case with life. You simply have to give the ‘pebble’ in your life your best ‘try’. I guarantee that you will be successful in clearing each and every hurdle of life. In other words, picking them up and hurling them away.

Well, now I think I see what you mean. You think that I can do this?

I have both faith and confidence in you. I know what you are capable of when you give your best shot. Just give it a TRY!

I will. And now, I’m sure that I’m going to clear up this mess. Thanks for helping me out.

You will find me helping you out from every mess. You will find me with you when you find yourself alone. You will find me as a light when all other lights have gone out. You will find me in you always.

© 2008 Kevin Andros


Author's Note

Kevin Andros
This is another situation of life when often persons gets stuck. Just give it a read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

See we all have our self telling us to try but something within us trys to hold us back from acomplishing what it is that we need to do. its like have the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the othe but picking that stone up was the courage of trying to go on and believe that you can do it this is a great peice perfectly penned I am gald that I seen this on here or I would have never know you wrote it....Great job hope to see more......Belinda

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Step off that ledge and pursue flight. Daedulus pondered much the same problem. Have faith in one's self. A good lesson here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


See we all have our self telling us to try but something within us trys to hold us back from acomplishing what it is that we need to do. its like have the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the othe but picking that stone up was the courage of trying to go on and believe that you can do it this is a great peice perfectly penned I am gald that I seen this on here or I would have never know you wrote it....Great job hope to see more......Belinda

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Inspiring piece.

Liked the example here. I've never thought of it this way (try picking up VERSUS actually picking up) before.

Of all your writings that I've read so far, this one's my favorite.
Thanks for sharing.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do you talk to yourself often?
Just kidding. I loved it . I got the feeling that you yourself were giving yourself a pep talk.
If I was wrong in that analogy then I apologize.
Anyway, I liked it and thanks for sharing.
Love All, Mejasha

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very PURE piece man!!

for the fact that every damn thing on this planet is having a dark side...and believe me sometimes, having a pessimistic approach towards it is not at all bad..

The way you've poured your emotions is really commendable..

thought I found that the entire piece need a quick check and polishing..
but.
its an awesome read overall..
thanks for sharing it with me..
Keep writing....


-Bhavya :)



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found this concept very interesting, but I think the writing can be polished a bit. Maybe you can change the "soul's" responses to an italicized font to better differentiate the internal conversation. I was entertained by the story and writing, but I must admit that it flows as if you put thoughts onto paper too quickly. It is an inspirational concept, and I do like this submission better than Part 1. I recommend that you continue with this idea, but try to make the thoughts and words flow better.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2008

Author

Kevin Andros
Kevin Andros

World is one country, India



About
Hi. I'm a Leo Person by birth. ************************ Update April 2016 I am making my slow return to this wonderful world without borders. Trying to be active on boards and adding new writer.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Kevin Andros



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


THINKING THINKING

A Poem by Windy


PUZZLED PUZZLED

A Poem by Windy