Ethan

Ethan

A Chapter by kidkx
"

Chapter 2

"

Ethan was watching tv when I got home from school. He usually greets me when I show up from anywhere but this time he was fixated on the flashy colors on the screen. He finally noticed me when I opened the fridge.

I don't actually have to eat like most people do. I usually just check the fridge every once in a while to see if Ethan has eaten anything, and to give the illusion of comfort like there's someone else to buy food for.

He looked over at me and smirked. I knew exactly what he was going to say and I was already annoyed before he opened his mouth. I ignored his greeting and his annoying nickname of mine and started over to my room.

"Max, seriously," Ethan changed his tone quickly. He says that he usually doesn't try to do that because he doesn't want to sound too much like dad but he does it a lot without realizing. 

Whenever he does something like that it makes me think about that one quote that all of the philosophers try to steal off of one another like it's their own idea, 'We are all hypocrites,' which in itself is ironic but I suppose that's the point. 

He went on a long lecture about homework and going to school so that I don't have to anymore. He's the only one who actually seems concerned about it. Like I said before, he worries a lot. The thing is that I already know this lecture, and I'm listening I swear but he's said the same five things so many times over that I could recite it word for word. I can already hear it in my head, 'I don't want another phone call, okay?' He always ends it in his 'careful tone' so as to not upset me. I appreciate the thought.



© 2022 kidkx


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on September 27, 2022
Last Updated on September 27, 2022


Author

kidkx
kidkx

Writing
Faith Faith

A Chapter by kidkx


Max Max

A Chapter by kidkx


Mom Mom

A Chapter by kidkx