Eli

Eli

A Chapter by kidkx
"

Chapter 7

"

So now I'm here. Alone with my thoughts. Although it feels empty around here I know that Ethan and Faith have my back. Sometimes I think about what would happen if they weren't around, or if mom was. 

I think that sometimes it's okay to be okay. Something happened and it was bad, but right now it's okay. Being okay is like finding meaning in the moon. Like, you know there might not be much of a point to it because it's not always there but when it is, it just feels nice. 

I still don't know if telling Faith is a good idea. I know she's been through a lot too. Her parents divorce, and being an only child to carry all the weight. The fights leading up to it. But I know about fights and I could tell her it's okay.

I should tell Ethan I have nightmares and he can help because he used to have them too. He could tell me about all the old 80s movies that he watched before bed to make them go away. 

I don't have to tell everyone everything because it's not their business, but it's not the office ladies’ business either and they already know. I think I'll go to school just a little more so that I can leave sooner like Ethan wants.

I don't know what's going to happen. I know I'll keep hanging upside down on my bed until my head hurts and I'll keep holding ice cubes. I know that Ethan will keep lecturing me about school and putting on movies every other Sunday. 

I know that Ethan will worry and Faith will worry and I’ll worry a little too much and after all that, I can tell that just like the moon with meaning, we will be okay.



© 2022 kidkx


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on September 27, 2022
Last Updated on September 27, 2022


Author

kidkx
kidkx

Writing
Faith Faith

A Chapter by kidkx


Ethan Ethan

A Chapter by kidkx


Max Max

A Chapter by kidkx