My Writers Cafe.

My Writers Cafe.

A Story by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

I've been asked quite a few times today what my writerscafe.org is, so heres my response.

"

There are has been an ever escalating argument between writers on the site for the past few days now - I'm not one to name names however if you are an avid reader you'll know. A lot of my readers contacted me asking my advice on how to process this information and if it was worth staying on this site.

When I joined writerscafe a million years ago, I remember the excitement - giving my work to the world, for them to read and comment on, give me advice on. The most terrifying thing though is that this site is packed with other amazing writers that can cut you like a knife with their words. Don't get me wrong, I neither agree with this practice nor dis-agree, hell, I know quite well that some of work deserved to end up in a bin and not with my name beside it on a site such as this.

My point is though that with this tornado of opinions and positions not all of us will agree to everything or with everyone. That’s life as we know it, and no-one can change that, but we can be more subjective in how we approach each other.

Be respectful, use civilised language when addressing each other - and do not start a campaign of hatred against each other, it isn't productive and isn't good for you. If you’re anything like me and try to get along with all - then it must be a heavy burden on the heart to see some of your favourite writers at each other’s throats. I am mature enough to know that some people will just never get a long - and that’s fine.

When it comes to the point when the writers on here are getting so abusive that it borders on the outrageous, or when we are not thick skinned enough to take such abuse, the writerscafe have wonderful facilities of blocking and flagging - use them if you must, but do not go to war with each other - I beg of you.

What is writerscafe for me - a haven for all writers, readers and friends - let’s keep it that way shall we?

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
This is not preaching to anyone, just my take on the situation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thomas, thankfully I was off a couple of days and missed it..I find if you can't agree with ones writing..block them..do not run them down..I love this site and the people on it and have made some long time friends..so I like Thomas...say please try to be kind to each other..Kathie

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thanks



Reviews

Hear, hear & Cheers Thomas, well said!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas, thankfully I was off a couple of days and missed it..I find if you can't agree with ones writing..block them..do not run them down..I love this site and the people on it and have made some long time friends..so I like Thomas...say please try to be kind to each other..Kathie

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Thomas me lad...I couldn't of said it any better! I've been on many sites that folded because of such acts of sub-normality. I've only been here 4 or 5 years give or take and I've seen genuine writers with beautiful souls and at the other end of the spectrum great writers with pomposity flowing through their veins. Somewhere there should be a happy medium between the two...Not only do I judge by the quality of the write but I also take into consideration the capabilities of the writer as a whole. That would be my human side which I use quite often when I review....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
Great message, Thomas. I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you for embracing what this site is really about, sharing and collaborating with writers and friends. Well said!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
I'm glad you posted this. It's a good message. WC should in no way be used as an outlet for causing other's pain or embarrassment, and the regression on the site over the years is disappointing to say the least... but it doesn't suggest that there aren't still an array of wonderfully talented writers who have something genuine and moving to offer. The problem is that these specific writers who are defaming and attacking each other are being encouraged, when they need to be flagged/blocked/ and ignored.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

thank you
The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

You are a good man. Thanks for your words.
Good post, i like to see stuff like this that gets the message out to deal with stuff like this in a peaceful manor. Thanks for Sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

thank you
I just joined today. I didn't realize abuse would be a problem here. I thrive on constructive criticism but I am never abusive nor do I tolerate it. Hopefully, I don't have to deal with it in the future.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

I hope so Jupiter and welcome!
Jupiter

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I am excited to read some of your work :)
Terohime

11 Years Ago

Welcome Jupiter to Writerscafe. It is a great site with a lot of wonderful members. Just remember de.. read more

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1659 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013
Tags: Freedom of Speech, Respect for others, Difference of Opinion.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn