Orlando

Orlando

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

My heart is heavy with the devastation and travesty the whole world is feeling now, my tears have not stopped flowing.

"
Ordinary people living ordinary life's being complete and happy,

Raging fear builds to anger in ignorant men by will of silent kisses,

Landing reason on anything related to news headlines and horrid religion,

Apple cells send out last messages to those helpless and without power,

Navigate your hand to pistols and pull the trigger, the coward among men,

Death lays at our feet now, not you, but us all in hugging hands,

Ordinary people living ordinary life's being complete and happy?

© 2016 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
I love you all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
When i read the title of this poem. I was though it will about that fictional famous poet. But anyway sometimes is good to get something what you don't except .

At past we was scare from serial killers now we are scare from mass shooting and later on from a virus. I find funny how scary things are changing.

I don't know how many mass shooting was at this land last years. Almost every month i get hit from this news. It was became quite scary and still is. If anybody can buy gun so anybody can kill.

Now to your poem .

At way it's quiet provocative. Ordinary people living ordinary happy life? I am not sure . I like you bring that stuff about anger. Cause i think so many people carry they wounds and they don't know how to heal them. Ordinary people are usually very poor and they don't have too much for money for personal therapist. I can see everyday quiet lot angry people at shop etc. You certainly name it why is this happening and things are not always black and white or in the grey zone. I like also your mention of victims cause we sometimes forget they ever exist. I always wonder how is it feel when you lost someone. It must be complete hell . Your poem have true value of humanity and this so far more then any other great writing on this web site . well done.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your review.



Reviews

The sadness, and heaviness of this poem is in every line. Religion was used as a justification for the unjustifiable. You are right to be angry. We all should be.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
Thats very sad,when hate is everywhere in this world but this world was created with the utmost love.
That was well expressed :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

thank you.
A sad loss of lives ... that reflects the haste of anger and hatred in these times.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
A horrible happening that night. We do not yet understand the mental illness that hatred causes. If we did .. it would be the only war we ever fought. A poignant and beautiful write in the face of tragedy.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Indeed, thank you.
So saddening to the heart...an emotive tribute love and one that carries ripples...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
A moving tribute, Thomas. The horrific act of one terrorist ended 49 lives and negatively impacted so many others. Yes, they were ordinary people out for a Saturday night of fun. So very sad.....when will it end? Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Indeed will it ever, thank you.
This is straight pandering and you know it. This was devoid of any substance on the matter. Be ashamed of yourself. You expressed the details of what happened in the most superficial and sanitary way. You're a vulture, you should be ashamed but I know people like you don't care.... fox news and TMZ would love to have you. The literary soup you swim in is what I piss in. You're not even fake... you're a human parrot inside a toilet begging for attention by any means necessary. You're disgusting even if no one else here can see it - I do.... I see you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

I don't understand your anger towards me, I've written a piece that reflects my thought's on this de.. read more
Candace Cloud

7 Years Ago

Well the hell is his problem? Wow - that is cruel HansJizzy.
A sad but very moving write of the shooting. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Thank you.
ordinary people who just want to live and let live...and then these events happen....why is there so much hate in the world and when will it stop?

why can't we just love and let love....

so tragic and unnecessary to slaughter so many innocents.

your poem is quite moving, Thomas.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

It is deeply sad, thank you.
A sad day. Too much useless killing. I pray the people lost too soon have found a better place. Many tears and sadness for the people lost in Orlando.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Indeed, thank you.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

948 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016
Tags: Gay, Orlando, Massacre, Death, Shooting

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan