September 11th

September 11th

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A follow up on my poem "The Game of War"

"
The soaring on high,

The crashing out loud,

The scream of pain,

The screams of now,

The flesh that was ripped,

The lives that were taken,

Some have forgot,
None have forsaken.

© 2011 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
A delicate look into the the horror of that day, my prayers and thoughts are still with you and always will be.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Their ARE existence pausing moments... and the sheer barbarity of them IS mind disparaging. Our media brings everything to the table AS it happens and thereafter bombards the captive audience until we become numb to the events and their replays. A strong write Tom.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

9 Years Ago

Thank you Chris.



Reviews

A wonderful tribute to remembering that tragic day and all those that were taken from us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thank you for this poem, we're all still with them :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


This happened so close to were i live...i think its a wound that will never heal. I feel the emotions as raw as if it happened yesterday.

Posted 11 Years Ago


you mean you've witnessed it?...
..this is very sad but I like the realism of it =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


great, meaningful tribute and rhyme scheme

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short and powerful, it speaks your mind pretty well. The last two lines are my favorite. Even though I live far away from America, those people shall not be forgotten, even here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent poem! brings it all back as if it was yesterday!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A really great poem :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


See, I lived near the pentagon when September 11th happened, and I worked right on the edge of DC in Rossyln, my daughter's school was literally two minutes away from the pentagon and she was only 6 at the time. I was terrified. I worked with a lot of military in the job I was in and many of them worked in the pentagon in the area that was hit. So many remember the twin towers, but they forget the plain crash in PA and the hit to the pentagon in DC. There was tragedy all around that day. This gives a small snap shot of that day for sure. I think you could show a bit more than tell, express through metaphor what those memories sounded, smelled, tasted, felt, what they looked like. Incorporate more emotional cues and I think this could be a very strong poem.

Blessings, Tammy

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love your writing but 911 was an inside job a controlled demolition a false flag operation and they have all been forsaken by us.We have allowed these wars to be fought in their name wars waged by the very evil that killed them.I am so ashamed of the human denial,the complete apathy that has been expressed towards the people that lost their lives that day.I hear them all screaming for justice as we march our armies and drones over seas to kill some more innocent babies.911 is the cause of all of this and the official story isd a lie.Millions die for this lie.I hope one day we bring the real terrorist to justice until then I will listen to the screams of thousands who died that day so that some fat cat bankers and crooked politicians could make use of their supperior weapons on the third world population.If they didn't want us dead before they damn sure do now.


Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1416 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..