Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Aaron Nova

Tyler Lovell, my first love, my first friend, and the most important person in my life. All the memories from our childhood together came back in the seconds he held me there in the funeral home hallway. I felt the other 39 people's eyes on my back stating at my unnoticeable features.

"Who is she?" "Is she alright?" "Maybe she's sick?" Their whispers flooded my ears with the careless comments escaping from their mouths. I shuddered into Tyler's warm body who tightened his grip on me.

"Let's go home." Tyler's voice was shaky as he lifted up my chin to make eye contact for the first time in what seemed like forever. His eyes were a deep ocean blue that filled me with sincerity all of a sudden. I nodded slowly, unable to look away or formulate a single word rather than a sentence.

At the time the world the was a blur, I was unable to think or speak or even believe that my father was gone. I don't remember the car ride or the conversations we had in the house, but I remember waking up in a warm bed with the sent of pancakes being made in another room behind the door. My body was weak and I didn't want to move while the memories from yesterday began to play through my head:

"Your father has been found dead, his funeral is tonight." The woman's voice from the call echoed in my ears, the six hour flight from Seattle to Lunenburg pressured my body, and the old funeral home's lights casted shadows on the white snow. The broken empty feeling inside of me burned like a fire from hell, it was so familiar and fantastic. My cell phone that laid next to me, roughly pulled me out of the sickly dark trance that had been suffocating me slowly. I reached slowly towards the epicenter of the sound when the door opened almost suddenly.

"Luna don't, it's Andrea." Tyler rushed in and grabbed my phone, I couldn't respond quick enough so I let him take it. My surroundings began to clear up; the room was sort of large with a queen bed in the middle with a flat screen sat in front of the bed with gaming consoles and speakers hooked up to it. I looked at Tyler's face as he stood there watching me regain control of myself with a yawn and a stretch.

"Come on, we have to go talk to your father's lawyer." He extended his hand for me to take.

"We?" I asked taking the strong hand he offered and watched him walk out.

"Yes, we. It's been five years and six months since you've been in Canada and considering the circumstances i'm not letting you alone. for a while. You can't object." Tyler turned to look at me closely this time and I took advantage of it myself. His hair was shaved on both sides but had a longer part oat the top allowing it to fall onto his brow, which then brings me down to his neck were the end of a feather tattoo is visible above the shirt collar. I made my way down to his arms to see an anchor tattoo, visible only because his sleeves were rolled up. Other than his distinct height changes, he looked almost exactly the same before I left.

"I'm not objecting to anything." I smiled slightly and watched a small smile slip onto his face. He pulled me in suddenly, wrapping his strong arms around my small frame.

"I've missed you, Luna. I wish you came back on a happier note." Tyler whispered kissing my head gently before leading the way to his car.



© 2016 Aaron Nova


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on June 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2016


Author

Aaron Nova
Aaron Nova

Rochester, NY



About
I love writing, I have for over eight years. Romance and science fiction are my favorite genres. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Poem by Aaron Nova


Heartbroken Heartbroken

A Story by Aaron Nova


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Aaron Nova