Beauty

Beauty

A Poem by Kenna Marie


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
Yet, people smolder every meaning of the word beauty.
Taking procedures in order to obtain this image of perfection, but it is right built inside of you. Believe it or not, whatever you need you got! 
Reading this now with your eyes, heart beating to the sound of survival.

Educating yourself on how to accomplish revival because you are dead.
The laughter comes in sequences syncing perfectly to those begging for attention. 
Revolt revolt! 
Build a catapult to launch yourself away from here.

Lose yourself in all the sincere. 
Perform a test to see if you're the best. 
“You are defeat compared to the rest!”
Start to dress to impress when the isn’t up to par.
Spend days alone at empty bars.

“Dare to make a move!”
“It won’t improve you.”
“You got nothing to lose!”
“Yeah, well how about your skeleton starting a rebellion. You’re yelling, starting to tell your children the beginnings of this addiction.”

It swallows you whole, your body is totaled.
Now, you’re in the rusting pile of traveled miles of rot...
Forgetting what you are and what you’re not.

© 2015 Kenna Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this, I think it should be included as part of the high school curriculum, so many teens and young adults could be saved from so much self hate if they could properly understand this message before they fall into fashion traps! It would definitely be far more useful lesson in life skills then some of the poems we had to study...


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Honest and good words in the poetry.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yet, people smolder every meaning of the word beauty."
The above statement is true. You left the readers with a open ending. I liked that. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love this, I think it should be included as part of the high school curriculum, so many teens and young adults could be saved from so much self hate if they could properly understand this message before they fall into fashion traps! It would definitely be far more useful lesson in life skills then some of the poems we had to study...


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jesus...........WoW!!!
again dark and powerful
clever writing.......
important messages........definitely thought provoking......
i liked your style of narration.....
beautiful poem....
i loved it!!!
:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love the first line, a great way to start it!
Well done!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am a traveller here, new to the journey, and I am very honest because I would like the same point of view be taken when reading mine. That being said.....
First pass, I the sincere, the isn't, and the last bit are confusing me. Other than those things the flow rushes and slows, interesting. Give it a pass with sincerity in mind, what is "it", and if what what is a grammatical error or intentionally done. Thanks for your words.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is beautiful and very truthful. Natural beauty is the best beauty

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2833 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015
Tags: beauty, disfigured, self hate, self loathing

Author

Kenna Marie
Kenna Marie

About
Hello! I'm a high school student. I use a lot of my time dedicated to writing poetry, short stories etc. Art is my passion, consisting of but not limited to...musical, creative and performance. I'm a.. more..

Writing
Hunted Hunted

A Poem by Kenna Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


_? _?

A Poem by sinNsincerity