Opaque Dissaray

Opaque Dissaray

A Poem by Kenna Marie

It is okay, for I am the opaque disarray. Often, more than not, I stick out my chin towards the sun. For facing it down would just be a rerun of the past.

Slowly, I thrive, towards a sliver of what I can create. It’s nice to see the focus of the picture zoomed in on someone not so loud. For shouting and being proud is not always the way to win. I walk, towards the unveiling of my life; a red carpet does not appeal. So, I ask, “Will you render that to teal?”

Not even a carpet is guaranteed to be adjusted to please, but I have the feet to carry me and that is all I need.

I’m kind of okay with everything via brain activity. I sent a message to myself, just received. “I was picking out the weeds in a garden. All I had to do was maintain a beautiful green. So refreshing it is to pile them up, dump them and wheel the wagon back for a next time. I put my thumb up to the window, my fingerprints accumulating on the glass. No one else has my DNA! I’m scared of the outside. There is no one to hold my hand when I cross streets at nights. My guide is my sidekick, trusty self and that’s alright.

© 2016 Kenna Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reading this felt like you captured the complicated depth of a simple moment. Real nice.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the way it flows, and the positive outlook. "I have the feet to carry me and that is all I need" that's something not everyone is capable of doing. Great piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


good poem. I really enjoyed reading it. I like how the person wanted the red carpet turned to teal but that's because one of my favorite colours is teal. I really liked this overall it was a good read thank you fro sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


What a amazing piece loved it well done well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


Honest, powerful and good words dear Kenna.
"There is no one to hold my hand when I cross streets at nights. My guide is my sidekick, trusty self and that’s alright."
The above lines solid and worthwhile. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 7 Years Ago


great poem
really inspiring work

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is inspiring, well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


'No one else has my DNA!'

This made me smile!
Well done!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery... You have portrayed your thoughts quite beautifully here... It seems that the speaker/poet is in deep thoughts of her life and word choices in the poem are simply magnificent... I really loved the thought and the presentation of it... Very uniquely done...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3286 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Kenna Marie
Kenna Marie

About
Hello! I'm a high school student. I use a lot of my time dedicated to writing poetry, short stories etc. Art is my passion, consisting of but not limited to...musical, creative and performance. I'm a.. more..

Writing
Hunted Hunted

A Poem by Kenna Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..