Darkness

Darkness

A Poem by Robowriter
"

"The darkest thoughts are derived from the brightest of minds" has been running through my head for weeks now.

"
The darkest thoughts are derived from the brightest of minds. I am unsure if I have ever realized a greater truth than this. Only the most inquisitive minds in this world could create the devastating atrocities that destroy not only lives but lifetimes. It makes me wonder if the opposite is true. How deep and dark are the minds that appreciate the wonderful and beautiful things we can see in our everyday lives. What horrible deformities and terrifying nightmares do they face daily to be able realize the simple beauty of a flower with the morning dew still resting upon its delicate petals.

© 2018 Robowriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

love the theme ..deep thinking and creative take on genius and madness (alleged madness) we use so little of our noodles eh!? the imaging in your closing line is sublime..i felt as though i were so very lightly setting on that petal ..with the dew ... lots of meat and potatoes in your thinking and writing sir ..i do hope you experiment with forms tho. ;)
E.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robowriter

5 Years Ago

Thanks E. I'm certain I'll be experimenting in the future, as for now im just kind of dumping what's.. read more
Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

oh your gonna have a ball ... i will try to keep up ;)



Reviews

Yes, Robowriter, what you've penned speaks truth. The fine line that exists between love and hate also exists between light and darkness and that includes our personalities. Similar to Jesus sitting on one shoulder and Satan on the other. And when we are in one mood or the other (dark or light) we will pen our verses. I suppose experiencing the dark side and writing from that perspective is an outlet, in a way.

Thanks for posting such a fine poem. :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so simple yet so profound. It really makes you wonder. For me, it reminds me about how nature and nurture make us who we are. We've all gone through things that give us a unique perspective. How we're often told that the brightest of people have gone through the darkest of things. It's also beautifully written and put together. Reminds me of something straight out of a book!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robowriter

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
Your words are painfully, finely laid, truly are. But..

I'd like to think that it's through the wonderful and beautiful things we're given even brief respite from ugliness and pain. It's not easy to alter ones state of mind but to turn about and notice even little pleasures help, surely. Sitting in a curtained room, sans light, head under the covers is such a waste of life

Maybe getting up, looking from a window, eyes maybe only half open, would let the sight of a flower glistening with dew. if you KNOW it's there, you know it's worth your longing and loving appreciation. Perhaps? Your words hurt and waste the wonderful space around you, the space you're very aware of. Darkness - i know it well, needs only a chink of light.. to.. move.. slowly.. forward.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Robowriter

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the comment I will take what you said and do my best to apply it to my every.. read more
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

I just read my review, seems so long-winded but.. was only trying to wrap a small light around you. .. read more
Robowriter

5 Years Ago

No I truly appreciate it! And I'll never turn down a hug haha!
love the theme ..deep thinking and creative take on genius and madness (alleged madness) we use so little of our noodles eh!? the imaging in your closing line is sublime..i felt as though i were so very lightly setting on that petal ..with the dew ... lots of meat and potatoes in your thinking and writing sir ..i do hope you experiment with forms tho. ;)
E.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robowriter

5 Years Ago

Thanks E. I'm certain I'll be experimenting in the future, as for now im just kind of dumping what's.. read more
Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

oh your gonna have a ball ... i will try to keep up ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2018
Last Updated on October 22, 2018

Author

Robowriter
Robowriter

Stroudsburg, PA



About
I am trying to make myself write more and this looks like a good place to do just that! I welcome all criticism and help that can be offered and I appreciate the time put into reading anything I ha.. more..

Writing
Thoughts Thoughts

A Story by Robowriter



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..