Destiny

Destiny

A Chapter by K.N. Thorn
"

Part Three

"
Mirra, was staring at the little blond girl, Lillie. This time it was in admiration. She is magnificent! She thought to herself. This girl did not need to be taught or told what to do. It came to her naturally. She was wonderful. Maybe there is still hope left for us.
* * * * *
"What was that?!" Lillie demanded to know. "I do not even care where we are anymore or how you know my name! Just tell me what in the world was that monster?!"

"Vaeron," stated Mirra, the mysterious black cat. "He use to rule the Shadow Realm, but he became too powerful. One day he went mad. He started to torment everything he could within his reach. His wrath stretched far and wide at the time. There was no light left in the world. It was a sad, desperate time for all living things. In this desperate time, we, the Guardians, were formed. They were lead by a beautiful and brilliant woman. Her name was Terra." Mirra gazed at Lillie for another moment. Lillie could feel her eyes scanning her."Vaeron tried to escape tonight and if it wasn't for you he may have been more trouble than he was."

Lillie was not sure why that was or what had happened. She was confused and in shock. The event replayed in her mind a few more times. Where did all that power I felt come from? It encased me with a warm feeling. It was radiating from within me. The clothes, the staff, the transformation, where did it all come from? I have never been anything special. How did that happen? You only hear about those things in fairy tales. She was about to ask Mirra but fell silent as she heard the faintest growl coming from the shadows.

"What is making that noise?" she whispered to Mirra. Fear had gripped her once more. Lillie was on edge.

"It is a gravling. Be very quiet. They do not see well."

A small gray scaled creature emerged from the shadows. It was about the size of large rat with twig like limbs and a mushy underbelly. It sniffed the air and cocked its head from side to side. Lillie could tell it was trying to listen to the smallest sounds. Its eyes were as big as golf balls and cloudy blue. It was visible that the beast was blind. Its eyes were unfocused and unresponsive. 

Lillie heard Mirra whisper, "Use the staff. Aim it and say feara." She did as she was bid. Lillie was scared but she pointed the staff at the gravling and muttered, "feara." Golden flames flowed from the iridescent gem. They licked at the gravlings body. The flames made it howl in pain. You could hear its hide sizzle. It scurried away into the shadows. The smell of burning flesh was the only trace the gravling ever existed.

"You turned Vaeron to dust after bashing him in the head, but you are afraid of a little gravling," Mirra was laughing at her. "we might have a lot more work than I thought," the cats tail twitched as she said the last bit.

"If I turned him to dust, then he is gone right?" Lillie asked the cat. 

"No, silly girl," the cat sighed, "he only became apart of the shadows again. He is out there, somewhere. Watching, waiting... It is only a matter of time. I do not think we have much of it left either. Things are changing around here."

Lillie was about to start firing questions but at that moment Mirra turned around and walked away. She was headed towards a dark doorway that Lillie hadn't noticed before. "Come on lovely Lillie," the cat cooed. "I want to leave here before anything else crawls through that breach. I will have someone come and repair it as soon as we get to the Guardian's Lair."

"Guardian's Lair? Really?" Lillie did not try to hide her smirk.

"Yes, and get use to it. Everything is some kind of lair in the Shadow Realm. It is how this place works." The cat stalked away with a swish of its tail.Lillie followed the cat out of the dark room she had awakened in. The door lead outside and the room was actually a building. 

The Shadow Realm was an eerie place. Everything was dark and rotting away. There was nothing pretty anywhere. The area was thick with fog and the world was in a constant haze. Creepy noises accentuated the eerie atmosphere. The walk down the narrow dirt path to the Guardian's Lair gave Lillie goose bumps. She was leery of the noises that were coming from her surroundings.

"Where did we just leave from Mirra?" Lillie needed something to take her thoughts away from her imagination. It was running wild in this a creepy place. 

"A Guardian Temple, it is one of many and they each house a number of spells or barriers that help us to imprison Vaeron. Why you showed up in that one at that exact time is a wonder to me. I am sure we will find out more soon. Once we arrive at our destination we will need to talk to Verra."

* * * * *
They were almost there and Mirra did not want to be the one to tell the girl that this was her destiny. That she was the prophesied Guardian, the reincarnation of Terra, that would rid the universe of Vaeron. Mirra knew this for a fact or the girl would not have the Phoenix Staff of Rebirth.


© 2014 K.N. Thorn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting so far! I don't have any critiques to give. Well written and read. The words flowed nicely. You could have described their surroundings a little more but its fine as is, thats more for the first chapter seeing as I read it and continued on straight to this one

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.N. Thorn

9 Years Ago

Thank you Hime, I hope you take the time to read Part Two - In the Shadows, as well as the ones to .. read more



Reviews

Very interesting so far! I don't have any critiques to give. Well written and read. The words flowed nicely. You could have described their surroundings a little more but its fine as is, thats more for the first chapter seeing as I read it and continued on straight to this one

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K.N. Thorn

9 Years Ago

Thank you Hime, I hope you take the time to read Part Two - In the Shadows, as well as the ones to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: cats, creatures, spirits, shadows, afterlife, reincarnation, darkness


Author

K.N. Thorn
K.N. Thorn

Daphne, AL



About
I am an avid reader, writer, and gamer. I enjoy art, music, and nature; they are my points of inspiration. I have loved to read, write, draw, and dream ever since I was little. I like to write fantasy.. more..

Writing