Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Kemicka
"

Shio types up her diary.

"
     From the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow. Its shape human-like, but ominous. I fled back to the bedroom door, expecting the shadow to chase after me and reveal itself. It stayed there, motionless...as if it knew I was trying to draw it out. The shadow belong to no one. If so, the owner would have been spotted almost instantly. My eyes focused on the shape, my ears waiting for any sound it may make. No whispers, like the night children, echoed in the room. It reminded me of my own conscience, no sound or movement to lead you into judgement. It, a he maybe, just stood there waiting. It expected something, I knew not of which.


     This thing still follows me around. No one else seems to see it, but its there. Watching, waiting. I've gotten used to him being there, except for the occasional times I would be spooked by its presence. It doesn't seem to want to hurt me, or do anything else. The figure just stands there and watches me through nonexisting eyes which lay on his invisible face. A pile of darkness that follows wherever you go. I really wished I wasn't The Mary in this Mary Ha A Little Lamb story, but I'll sit back and watch him as he watches me. I wish to see what move he makes.


     It helped me today. It was the first time it actually made a sudden movement. A car was driving by and I guess I was having a blonde moment because I stepped right in front of the car, but the thing shoved me out of the way. Now I can see that it's protecting me, but for what purpose?


     Something made me literally jump out of my chair in class and run all the way back home today. It was the shadow again. The Shadow of a goddess. I know that's what it is now because it came up to my chair and started to talk about it. 'I'm the shadow of Kemicka, the death goddess' it said. I was so surprised that it was even talking that I couldn't listen to anything else.

    
Shio closed her laptop and stared across the room at the shadow. It didn't talk after she ran away.

"I'm sorry for running away from you," she began,"You just surprised me is all."


© 2012 Kemicka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012


Author

Kemicka
Kemicka

NY



About
I love writing. I will try to get in a story or chapter every week. Thanks a million if you read any of y stuff! http://youtu.be/OhvWRXl_Ex0 http://youtu.be/YFdUvTnt36E http://youtu.be/maOPMK0M9y.. more..

Writing
Anger Anger

A Poem by Kemicka