The Wedding

The Wedding

A Chapter by Krissy

I had no idea how to even have a wedding, but I did know that Alice would be mine forever. She would never be able to abandon me. She claimed that there was a shop the quickly married couples without preparations, but I couldn’t believe that she was right. It was in Los Vegas. She was much more excited than I thought she would be.
“Come on, Jasper,” She said. She tugged on my hand as I took a last look at the beach.
My daydreams pulled my attention to the spot we had been laying. The sun warmed our cold skin as we lied together. Her lips against mine were so unique that it almost felt real, and then I realized her lips were against mine. I wrapped my arms around her fragile body, and she giggled.
“Jasper, don’t you want to marry me?” She asked.
I tightened my arms around her. “That is not something I would ever kid around with when it comes to you.”
Her eyes shimmered with joy, and a glorious smile claimed her lips. “You speak of so much excitement and pleasurable things. It makes me happy.”
I smiled hugely, and she giggled again.
“Want to race?” She asked.
I shook my head, and weaved my fingers through hers. “I’d rather take it slow.”
And so, we took off. Her hand seemed oddly pleasant in mine, and I was glad that she didn’t mind running with my hand in hers. We arrived quickly, and she led us into a bridal store. She picked me out a tux. I didn’t know what the point was. I was just going to end up wearing it once. Oh well, as long as she’s happy. She didn’t let me watch as she tried on dress. Hours past, and I had to sit in a separate room because her dress was supposed to be a surprise. People eyeballed me oddly because of my abnormal appearance. My clothes and hair were decent, but the scars that weren’t hidden at the time on my neck stood out. The ones on my face were not able to be hidden gave me a dangerous look. My heart lurched and ached. I hadn’t been separated from her this long since we met.
“Jasper,” Alice called.
My head snapped up, and I saw her standing before me gloriously.
“We have reservations tomorrow at six o’clock to be wed, and we have a hotel room waiting for us,” she explained.
I nodded and took her hand. Carrying her dress in one arm and my hand in her other hand, she led us to the hotel. We had a very large suite. We hung up our dressings for tomorrow. I stole a kiss when she didn’t expect, which is hard with her knowing the future. Before I could pull away, she grabbed my face in both hands with inhuman speed. I was stunned, but I readjusted quickly. I wound my arms tightly around her forcing her to press against me. She slipped her finger between our lips.
“We have to wait,” she insisted.
“Why do I have to wait?” I asked.
She smiled evilly. “You won’t want to spoil our honeymoon would you?”
I shook my head. She was so beautiful, kind, lovely, tiny, fragile, and all mine. Without thinking about what she had just said, I pressed my lips very softly to hers. She sighed and pushed away after a moment.
“I’m going to take a bath,” she said.
“Can I-
“No, you can’t come with me. I just explain why. You stay here, and I will be back in ten minutes,” she said.
I stroked her face once, and then I unwillingly let her go from my arms. I sat on the bed and pretended to watch the new titanic movie. It made me depressed when I saw the two lovers together, and I had the urge to hold my own.
“Jazz,” she said directly my attention.
She had her pajamas on even though we were never able to sleep.
“The warm water feels incredible nice. You should take a bath and relax,” she said.
I sighed and did as she told me. She was right. The warm water felt wonderful on my cold skin. When I reentered the room, Alice was cuddled up with a pillow at the top end of the bed. Her emotions were tense and depressed. I had the feeling that she might be having second thoughts about marrying me. Then, I was sad, too. I climbed onto the bed and cradled her against my chest. She didn’t look at me until I held her securely.  
“The separation was difficult for you wasn’t it?” She asked.
“Yes,” I whispered in her ear.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t know until you were out of sight.”
I tightened my arms around her, and I felt her emotions relax and calm as I did. It pleased me that she could relax in my arms. It was a placed I knew she could be safe. A placed where I can feel her soft, protected, and warm. She would be mine forever, and I would never leave her. She giggled.
“What?” I asked.
“I’m so excited,” She whispered.
We lounged on that bed all through the night. Sometimes we talked, but the silence ruled. Morning arrived rather quickly. I dressed and she stared at me.
“What?” I asked.
“Where are you going?” She asked.
“I’m going to hunt in the little forest outside of the park, so I’m not hungry at the wedding,” I explained.
“Do you want me to come with you?” she asked.
“Unless you’re hungry I think you should stay. I won’t long,” I added when a hurt frown dominated her face.
“Okay,” she agreed softly.
I pulled in her feelings, and she was hurt. I changed them, and I saw her body relax into a slouch.
“I love you, and I’ll be back with plenty of time before the wedding.”
She smiled and nodded.
I ran off to the small woodland and caught the sent of a small pack of deer. I pounced on one and drain it quickly, but I caught a delicious scent coming near.
“Oh, hello,” A woman’s voice came from behind me.
I turned and the dead deer fell from my arms.
“Did you kill that deer?” she asked.
Of course I wouldn’t have answered her questions, but her scent was overpowering. I grabbed her and drained her before she had the time to scream. Her sweet blood flowed into my mouth. She was completely drained before I realized what I had done. Alice would have seen this. She must have seen it and knew that she would be too late. She would run from my monstrous eyes that now gleamed bright red. I dropped the girl and ran. I ran to Alice. I fell to the floor when I enter our room. I kept my eyes closed and slumped over on the floor. I heard the door close, and I felt her hand flow through my hair.
“Don’t touch me,” I whispered. “If you are going to go then, then please do it quickly. This hurts too much if you are going to leave.”
Then, she grabbed the collar of my shirt and slammed me up against the door. My feet lift the floor.
“Open your eyes,” She commanded.
I did, and for a split second everything I saw looked clouded by a milky cloud of red.
“How could you! How dare you! Why would you?” She screamed.
“My bloodlust got the best of me,” I admitted.
“I don’t care about that. After all the time I’ve told you I love you and need you, you think I would leave you! I thought you understood the bond we share. The separation is terrible, and you want me to leave?” Alice asked. She slammed me against the door. “I thought you would always want me and to wed me. I thought you knew that I could never go.”
“Alice, I-
She slammed me against the door again.
“What?!” She screamed, “What could you possibly say to me?”
Anger boiled inside of me. I pushed away from the wall. I flew forward with her in front of me. I slammed her down on the bed.
“You have no idea what you’re talking about. I thought that you would leave because I acted monstrously. I don’t want you to be hurting.”
I stroked her face and calmed her emotions.
“Put your wedding gown on,” I said.
I leaped up and slipped into my tux. “Where are you going?” I asked when she headed out the door with the dress.
“You can’t see me until we are at the shop,” She insisted.
“This isn’t a scheme to leave me at the altar is it?” I asked.
She frowned. “I wouldn’t even think about that.”
I pressed my lips to hers for a quick moment, and then I let her go. I finished dressing in the tux. I combed my hair, and I popped in some brown contacts to discolor my red eyes. I arrived at the little shop quickly. As soon as I stepped in, the piano music started, and I walked down the isle. I stopped in front of the minister and turned back to the way I had just come. She walked down alone. Her slender body was tightly wrapped in white, and it flared out into billows of white puff. She was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. A veil covered her eyes. She took her spot next to mine, and I took her hand. The man’s words flowed by quickly.
“I do,” I said confidently.
“I do,” She said, and her voice sounded as joyful as she felt.
“You may kiss the bride,” The minister concluded.
I lift the veil from her face, bent my lips to hers, and kissed her with the passion I felt for her. I rushed us out and to the back of the place where there was a fountain. The people there cleared out when they saw me walking there with the beautiful bride. I placed my hands on her waist, and together we began to dance. She was so graceful. I spun her around a few times, and then she rested her head on my chest.
“Let’s go,” She whispered.
She took off running but it wasn’t in the direction of the hotel. I had no idea where she was taking me, so I stopped.
“Where are we going?” I asked.
“I’m taking you to a secret place for our honeymoon,” She smiled.
I allowed her to take off with me beside her.



© 2009 Krissy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on February 17, 2009


Author

Krissy
Krissy

Canada



About
i`m kind of a shy person who like`s to write her feeling`s all down and hide them from people i`ve lost people in a matter of time and i`ve had people die of accidents , nature , and suicide i believe.. more..

Writing
Enduring Enduring

A Story by Krissy


Agony Agony

A Story by Krissy


Aftershock Aftershock

A Story by Krissy