Chapter One- The Meeting

Chapter One- The Meeting

A Chapter by Krista

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter One- The Meeting.



      Pike hated his life. He hated arriving home from school and finding his older step brother, Stephen on the couch with his father (Pike's step father) and his mother doing drugs and drinking. Pike was pretty sure that Stepen was using and drinking too. Pike did not understand why a highschool dropout like Stephen was treated so much better than a kid like himself who was a senior in highschool and going to be graduating this year.

      Tonight was going to be Pike's last night in the place he was supposed to call his home though in his mind it was not really a home because nobody deserved to be treated the way Pike was treated. Pike was going to have to wait until after everbody in the house was asleep which shouldn't be too much longer. Pike knew somebody was awake because he could hear the downstair television on. So he patiently waited because he was going to get out of this place finially so it did not make any difference to him whether it took an hour for the last person to fall asleep or five minutes.

      Sure enough the television was turned off in twenty minutes and there were footsteps walking up the stairwell. The footsteps took the wrong direction and headed towards his room. It was probably one of his parents comming to check up on him to make sure he was asleep. Pike quickly pulled the covers over him and preteneded to be asleep. He heard the door open and then close and listened while the footsteps walked away from his room and towards his parents room. When he heard the door shut, he quietley opened up his door and walked down the hall to the stair well. He then proceeded to walk down the stairs and to the coat rack to grab his coat before walking out of the door and quietely closing it.

      Pike had a bag already packed and hidden deep in the woods behind his house just for this occasion. There was not much in the bag: a pair of socks, hat and gloves, sweat shirt and a pair of sweat pants, waterbottle and a few snacks to eat. As he headed towards the spot where he had hidden the bag he felt as if someone or something was following him. He turned around quickly and searched the area around him looking for anything out of place but he saw nothing. He turned back around and started running as fast as he could which was pretty fast as he was the fastest runner in his class but he still felt as if someone or something was following him. Again he turned around but this time he shouted, " WHOEVER YOU ARE JUST TAKE ME ALREADY! KILL ME! I DO NOT CARE!" He heard a sound that sounded like laughter, a womans laugh at that but where was it comming from? He turned around as if to continue walking but there was an amazingly beautiful woman standing in front of him.

      The womans hair was raven black but in the light it looked like it had purprle streaks in it. She wore her hair down and it was shoulder length.



© 2013 Krista




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2013


Author

Krista
Krista

PA



About
My name is Krista. I'm 27 years old. I have an eating disorder and am a cutter. I'm also depressed most of the time a very negative out look on life. more..

Writing
Falling Falling

A Poem by Krista


The End The End

A Poem by Krista