Red

Red

A Chapter by k.victoria
"

And excerpt from my book "Red". A twist on the classic tale, Little Red Riding Hood.

"

They said the attacks around the city was the work of a pack of rabid dogs. Animal control was set on high alert, along with the police. They did find a pack of dogs. They were put down. And for a week, everything was perfectly silent.

Until I was shaken awake at three o’clock in the morning by one of the shelter’s regulars. Emmy trembled as she spoke, “It’s not over.” She said, “It wasn't the dogs.”

I sat up on the couch, shoved the quilt off of my legs. “What are you talking about?”

“It wasn't dogs that attacked those people.”

She stared at me with huge watery eyes, and I knew something was terribly wrong before she spoke.

“It attacked again.”

“Where, Emmy?” I gripped her arms tight, “Where?”

Her eyes misted over, her fingernails dug into my shoulders, “It’s inside.”

“Inside where?” A board creaked over my head, and I raised my eyes to the ceiling. The chandelier ghosted from side to side. “It’s in the house?”

She nodded. 



© 2014 k.victoria


Author's Note

k.victoria
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good hook, a few grammar issues here and there. I like the shelter component, that's very original. Also you conveyed Emmy's fear very well.


Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014
Tags: red riding hood, story, fantasy, wolf, teen, novel


Author

k.victoria
k.victoria

Brockville , Canada



About
I'm 26. I havent written in a while but I read every day. more..

Writing
Summary Summary

A Chapter by k.victoria


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by k.victoria