Red

Red

A Chapter by k.victoria
"

Wolves Don't Hibernate Con't

"
I slowed to a stop, not moving a muscle as I waited for the sound to come again.
It did. And this time, it sounded closer.
Jerking into motion, I ran through an alley, and onto a residential street.
And heard the growl again.
Looking around, I spotted a convenience store on the corner. I could make it. Just then, two teenagers, a couple, rounded the corner ahead of me. They were walking slowly, holding hands and talking, but still heading right towards me.
And the wolf.
I flashed back to that summer night. I could hear the screams, and the rips. I could smell the fear. And I could feel the sticky sensation of blood coating me.
I made the decision quickly. Ducking down an alley, I sped away from them. Taking the beast with me.
I could hear it growling behind me, getting closer with each passing second.
It’s like in a nightmare �" when you tell your limbs to move, to run as fast as you can, but no matter what you can’t make yourself move quick enough. It’s like you’re running through Jell-O in slow motion, your feet sticking to the ground.
The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I knew I was running out of time. It was going to find me, it’s going to-
I stumbled over garbage bags, and slammed to my knees. I gasped at the pain, but forced myself up, made myself keep going, keep running. I just had to find somewhere to hide.
The alley ended suddenly, splitting into a crossroads. I chose one at random, the left one. I’d gotten halfway down it when I realized that it was a dead end. A chain link fence, with barbed wire cut it off.
I ran the rest of the way, hoping I’d find a door in the fence. Or something I could stand on to jump over it.
Anything!
There was nothing. And it was too late to turn back. I pressed my back against the fence, crossing my arms over my chest, gripped my elbows in sweaty, shaking hands. My vision started to waver in and out of focus and I let lose a ripe curse.
Now? This can’t be happening now!
I was going to black out. I could feel my chest tightening, and I tried to take deep breaths to calm down. But it was no use. I gasped for air, nails digging into my own skin in attempt to ground myself.
My knees gave out, and I sank to the concrete in the dirty alley way, where the wolf was stalking me. The world tilted sideways, and I heard a crunch as my head hit the pavement.
My eyes gave out then, turning the world around me to a pit of darkness. A growl sounded.
I curled into myself, trembling and shaking as the growls got louder and louder. The last think I felt was a blistering pain in my right forearm. And the last thing I heard, was the click of nails on pavement.


© 2014 k.victoria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 4, 2014
Tags: red riding hood, story, fantasy, wolf, teen, novel


Author

k.victoria
k.victoria

Brockville , Canada



About
I'm 26. I havent written in a while but I read every day. more..

Writing
Summary Summary

A Chapter by k.victoria


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by k.victoria