The Test Of Life

The Test Of Life

A Poem by LlamaLord

Breathe deep until the rush of adrenaline finds you weeping.
Sink into the shallow parts of your poisoned mind seeking
happiness. While my own ignition dies, you discover hope.
Piercing the rough surface of survival, you find false dope.
An addiction only leading you towards suffering and hardship.
Friends offering the same attractions. Pockets full of this.
Empty the deep crevices of your pocket; lint and shriveled trash.
Bottles now overflow with cash and addictions grow to just that.
Suicidal thoughts reveal social resurrection. Rage of the robbed.
You lost your life to things still needed. The lure of a hook once bobbed.
Now sinking to a cold, dirt-covered bottom. Fish swim past chances of
death. Bleeding from a sore lip, soon the be consumed by a bigger test.
The test of life. Insanity welcome to the mind of young and despised by the
mind of the wise. Options fill with unfulfilled tasks. Thrown out a nearby window.
Constant attack of the outside world drips of waste from the conscious victim.
Leave our skin-torn and heart-broke selves left to death. No other real choice.
Temporary tranquility interrupted by the ruckus of realization. Hear its voice.

© 2009 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
You really have to read past the text on this piece.This is filled with alliterations, imagery, etc. Any 'SPELLING' mistakes, tell me :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

After a long time, I'm reading any free flow poem and you know normally we don't consider them as a strong piece of work, but this one indeed is really a very strong and powerful piece of writing. I loved the entire imagery and visualization in it a lot, great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think it has been determined that you have talent for this stuff.
Your writing keeps getting better! The piece is very deep, and the poetic devices used very well. My favorite line, "Suicidal thoughts reveal social resurrection", is, to me, the essence of the poem. Very well done.

-Jake!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Yes, this is so much strong with all the poetic devices . But I loved it because of its soul.
I loved this line the most - "Suicidal thoughts reveal social resurrection"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2009

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..