The Ride of My Life

The Ride of My Life

A Poem by LlamaLord
"

A poem written about the times spent in car, living in a teenagers shoes.

"
Harshly beaten seats shift around my thighs like a spoon in jello.
Smooth leather ripped, only to contradict the meaning of luxury.
The treble is low and the bass is high, only to cause continuous bumping.
Of course, all the guys have 'em now. Big subs and cheap, speedy cars.
In need of a decent tune up, but can't afford the high dollar.

Speeding around corners, as if requesting tickets from the local cop.
Radar detectors and road signs have never managed to sway my thoughts.
I'll always drive, because I'll always look for excitement in my own life.
I'll always bust a few bucks on gas, to get the adrenaline of which I strive.

Her dirty blond hair whips the wind like a flash of lightening.
Thunder roars after-wards if you were late for the sighting.
Because her beauty rushes out the car window, begging for air.
The freshness of her body makes you wonder if it's really there.
If the tainted soul of a human being is even fit to bare such a lovely thing.

We'll stop for refreshments. She drinks my love as if it's the most soothing scotch.
Tender to the blood of her heart, and she knows it's worth a whole damn lot.
My love sprouts from the springs of Eden, only rest within her heart.
The kisses of two young'uns seem to be held together by the protection of my car.
As soon we reach reality on our journey through passion and love, the car starts
and the key turns towards another journey, not too far.

The warm steering wheel reminds me of the summers spent away.
My windows rolled to nothing and my speakers blast throughout the day.
As the day suddenly comes to and end, the wonderful times shift to park.
For the times spent in my car, have come to a halt, until the next time it starts.

© 2009 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
Grammatically, this piece might need some work.. haha. Commas always get the best of me. Anyway, I really enjoyed writing this even though I am 15, and have only driven a car a few times. However, I do ride with my friends quite often, so I am influenced by those experiences. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow man! That was a one great write. It reminded me of one of my experience like that when I was 16, lolz :D
I really miss those days :(

Ya, so...this is a kind of poem which I would love to read over and over again and I'm more than certain that it will always leave a smile on my face whenever I will read it.
Great write Austin!
Happy new year :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on December 26, 2009
Last Updated on December 26, 2009

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord