The Edge of a Cliff or the Bottom of the Sea

The Edge of a Cliff or the Bottom of the Sea

A Poem by LlamaLord
"

The places love will take you

"
Awaiting your reply, I sit wondering tonight.
Will she be mine in the morning or gone, out of sight?
Hold me once again so that I can remember what it's like.
Because I'm about to lose my mind over you, overnight.

Plant a kiss on my head and tell me everything will be fine.
Tell me you'll take care of the world and put it all behind.
I need you now more than ever, and most of all, I need you mine.
Please, listen to the words I preach because they're all that's on my mind.

Falling from the highest cliff, my heart jumps hoping it can swim.
Rough water floods my heart taking everything, but a soul, to condemn.
Then my heart is drug down to the ocean floor as it loses all promise.
Only to be ignored, it continues to drown awaiting its arrival at a dark abyss.

Looks towards the light, I tell myself. Look at things beyond sadness.
Realize what it is in this life that brings back songs of happiness.
Dance a little and smile a lot with the people who make you your best.
Realize your place in this world and look at what you've got in that chest.

A beating heart and a true treasure. I'll take your heart baby, it’ll be my pleasure.
Look at where we've been and what we've been through. There's no measure.

My heart will always be yours with a life-time guarantee,
Whether it's the edge of a cliff or the bottom of the sea.

© 2011 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
I actually wrote this piece at two very different parts of a relationship. The first part was written when I was handling hardships and struggles with my baby (stanzas 1-3). The second part was written when those times were resolved and everything was going great for us. What doesn't break a relationship makes a relationship. And perhaps that isn't the moral here. The morale is that no matter where you are or who you are, you've got something worth loving. The person who finds that treasure may also find love, because love is the ultimate treasure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautifully explained,nice efforts, read mine too " QUEST OF LIFE".


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 20, 2011
Last Updated on July 20, 2011

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord