I Dream of Disney

I Dream of Disney

A Story by Alana McGuire
"

My childhood dreams full of classic disney movies! :)

"

My dreams began in Halloween Town where I helped the heroic Jack Skellington save Christmas and serenade the lovely Sally.
And of course I pulled a few harmless tricks with Lock, Shock, and Barrel! Although Bambi, Thumper, and Flower are much better company.
..There I learned it's better to give than recieve.
On I went, to Neverland, where I held on to Dumbo as he used his ears to fly us a few trips around the clock tower with Peter Pan and Wendy. I never want to grow up!
..They taught me the power of truly believing.
I then desired to meet more people and share new experiences, so I was off to visit Pinocchio, although I ended up spending a week inside Monstro the whale, doing nothing but playing Go Fish. Go figure!
..He taught me to always tell the truth.
While I was still underwater, I sang a few melodies with Ariel, Flounder, and Sabastian.
Being a mermaid was incredible!
..They taught me to never give up on your dreams.
When I returned to land, I decided to climb Rapunzel's golden locks to the top of the tower, where we played dress up and shared fun stories over a plate of spaghetti with Lady and the Tramp.
..They taught me everyone needs some freedom.
I then decided to give Oliver some Company by bringing along Todd and Copper on our trip to The Hundred Acre Woods.
Who knew a fox and a hound could get along so well?
..They taught me that everyone needs a friend.
Following the trip, I met up with the classy princesses for a sleepover and giggled as we admitted that Tarzan would look dashing in a tux. No surprise that Aurora fell asleep first!
After the fun was over, I requested Hercules to pull the sword out of the stone so I could courageously bring honor to them all with Mulan and Mushu. The cricket was so cute!
..They taught me to never give up and try my hardest, even when the odds are against you.
After the war, I found myself tumbling down a hole to the mysterious Wonderland, where I enjoyed a lovely tea party while wearing the Mad Hatter's beloved hat!
..They taught me that size doesn't matter.
I wish I could have brought you to Agrabah with me, where I made more sand castles with Abu and Genie than I had yet been taught to count!
I then decided to test my counting skills by hugging the adorable aristocats and all 101 dalmation puppies as I counted each of them.
..There I learned that love has no limits and nothing to do with money.
Speaking of money, I then met up with Robin Hood and helped him give to

the poor, but only after singing about painting with all the colors of the wind with Pocahontas.
..She taught me to respect nature and everyone around me.
After doing the swingdance with Mowgli and Baloo, I made my way to the Pride Land where I welcomed in the new king, Simba, and laughed as Timon and Pumbaa argued over which bugs were more tasty.
..They taught me not to leave anyone behind.
I then decided I would travel to Notre Dame to ring the bell with Quasimodo and learn to gypsy dance with Esmeralda.
Lastly, I helped the Beast control his temper in hopes of impressing the kind-hearted Belle.
..And most importantly, they taught me that genuine beauty is on the inside, and that is where you learn to love.

And who says your dreams can't teach you anything? ;)

© 2013 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcome! I hope you like Disney. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this was stunning! I was drawn in to the magic of your words and the trip into all of the Disney movies. this was so entertaining and fun to read! I felt myself being drawn in to each and every one of those movies. Makes me wanna go watch them all again and relive the dreams and excitement in each one. You brought the characters to life in this and it really made the piece fun! This was so creative... I can't even explain how much it is! This was very well-done! Thank you so much for writing and sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nice written . beautiful

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW WOW WOW. THis made me speechless!!! this is totally in my favourites!!!!!! loooved it!!! it made me think hard and wonder and ponder. :)) loved it.

anyways, thank you for your review on my poem A Shoulder To Cry. :)) thankyouthankyouthankyou! and you seem like a very very sweet person as well!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was stunning! I was drawn in to the magic of your words and the trip into all of the Disney movies. this was so entertaining and fun to read! I felt myself being drawn in to each and every one of those movies. Makes me wanna go watch them all again and relive the dreams and excitement in each one. You brought the characters to life in this and it really made the piece fun! This was so creative... I can't even explain how much it is! This was very well-done! Thank you so much for writing and sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really cool. I just got back from disneyland the other day, it was fun. I love how you intergrated all of the characters.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love Disney! It is honestly my favorite thing (I have a youtube channel where I do all Disney voice acting. PM me if you want to know the channel)! This poem really showed a reason why I love Disney and why Disney is so relatable to everybody. The only problem I have is Hercules pulling a sword from the stone. I would have put Arthur (wart) there since he pulled the sword from the stone in his movie. I would have put Dumbo somewhere else since Wendy and Peter Pan are English and Dumbo is American. Big Ben is in England. Those two things are quite knit picky since they are coming from somebody who is so Disney obsessed.
All in all, this was a very good and magical piece. I especially loved the ending line! It was so true and magical.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this piece as a whole, well thought out and executed. I find the yellow letters within this piece hard to read, but other than that it is as wonderful dream. I believe you left no Disney Movie (Animation) untouched, you showed a writing style that is pardon the pun ... enchanting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like Disney and enjoyed reading this,best friend

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I can tell you spent some time on this (: I really like what you did with the colours to represent each character && I love the last part "who says your dreams can't teach you anything?"

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1537 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on December 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: Disney, dreams, childhood, little, kid, movies, child, children, cute

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy