Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

A Story by Another brick in the wall

Do you believe in God?

A God that is good?

Or maybe in a not so good God?

 

Most days the majority of people live their lives as if there is no God. But for some reason, when the darkness creeps in, depression comes around, or something awful takes place, most people tend to turn to God.

Are we looking for someone to blame? Someone that is not ourselves? Are we afraid that this is all there is to life, that this is where it all ends?  Or perhaps we just want an easy way out...

 

For me it is the hope for something and someone better that gives me faith. Someone that will not screw up my life the same way as I have proven myself so very capable of doing. It is the hope for light instead of darkness, and love instead of hate.

 

I do believe in God, a good God. I believe all the time, in all situations, but somehow, like most people, my faith grows stronger when I need God to exist. I tend to forget Him and just go on living my life whenever things are good. Of course my life never stays good. There is always ... something.

 

I think that in the end, we all search for the same thing. Someone that will love us, when even we can't love ourselves. 

© 2017 Another brick in the wall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Laws of the Universe highly interest me. However, I believe in things higher than ourselves.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Another brick in the wall

6 Years Ago

I am glad to hear that. I do agree with you, it can be very interesting.
It is true we seek God when we are in trouble. He is always there for us. He is faithful when we are not. He loves us when we fail to surrender. He is forgiving when we seek forgiveness. He is a true Father. It is encouraging to know that we suffer from the same weaknesses, because we can always seek others for prayer.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Another brick in the wall

6 Years Ago

Amen to that! We were not created to go through this life alone, it is important to be there for eac.. read more
Most children tend to take their parents for granted. There's a comfort in knowing that they are there, that they love us unconditionally, and can forgive us anything. Such is the way with God. There is a comfort in knowing that He is there, that He loves us unconditionally, and that He can forgive us anything. Sometimes, the hardest thing is for us to forgive ourselves. We know at heart when we are wrong; and even in our darkest moments, we hope against hope that His light will shine for us. It always has, and it always will. We just need to remove the blinders from our eyes and accept what has already been given.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Another brick in the wall

6 Years Ago

That is very true! People often tend to believe that God can't forgive them for what they have done,.. read more
Very true, and sad, I remember reading a comment on facebook, asking, Why pray to a God if He did not stop this from happening, and I thought, well who in their right minds, would have God at the front, after being at a concert, and having a great night out with family and friends. When we are happy and enjoying a great moment, we tend to put God aside, so then once something comes and shatters that, we remember, Oh God help us...and we all do this. Myself included. Loved this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Another brick in the wall

6 Years Ago

I am so glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2017
Last Updated on June 5, 2017
Tags: God, believe, people, darkness, faith

Author

Another brick in the wall
Another brick in the wall

About
I never truly understand my feelings until I pick up a pen and paper. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..